Anyone ever done datura?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by rnc3147, Apr 4, 2008.

1. I am reading up on this elusive Jimson Weed, and I was wondering if anyone's done it before, and what their experience was. I'm not considering trying it because it seems much too unsafe, just want to hear some of your experiences.

2. I've never done it, but we've got it growing around our property like crazy. Go onto erowid and look at the experience reports for it...holy fuck!

I don't think i would ever do it after reading on there, allot of those people overdose on it like no other but none the less, i wouldn't want that state of mind for any extended period of time, it seems akin to tripping extremely hard on something like salvia for days on end

3. I'm saving my Datura experience for a way down the road. I'm thinking around the mid-life crisis age. I want to have as much experience under my belt as possible before I start fucking around with a drug like Datura.

4. never have, never will!

It grows all around here but there's no way in hell I'll ever try it, it's too unpredictable and too deadly. It literally causes madness and death, and there's no safe dose. What worked one time could easily kill you the next time.

5. experience doesnt enter into it when you have no realization of what you are doing.

6. ^^ yeah that's the problem, you don't even know you're hallucinating :(

7. But learning to control your mind and body while in the throws of a powerful and quickly turning trip has to help. Im not saying I want to get to a stage where I think I will be able to handle a Datura trip, but I want to get to a point where I know that I can fully comprehend it and not go completely off the wall.

This is going to sound weird, but I want to keep my first Datura experience for a time where many of my loved ones have passed. I think talking to dead family members would be the ultimate boon if my trip happened to play out that way, or a complete and utter mind fuck that sends me spiraling into permanent psychosis, who knows.

8. To the OP. DONT DO IT. Back when i was in like 6th grade these teenagers that grew up in my town found a whole field of the stuff growing wild near where i live. Well anyways they all did it and got really sick and one of them was in a coma for like 2 weeks. It was all over the news and shit.

9. This shit is dangerous. Never done it, but it provoked some interest in me after reading castaneda's "The Teachings of Don Juan: a Yaqui Way of Knowledge". Datura is not something to be fucked around with though. It is a member of the deadly nightshade family and, without proper knowledge of how each part of the plant is used, it will produce some very adverse effects.

10. i would suggest dont do it man get ur self some good ol shrooms or some other tryptamines, datura contains atropine and from my exprience's atropine is noo fun man

11. never ever ever will enter my body

every single thing i heard was really FUCKED up shit from it.

i can live a happy life without messing around with something that ill probably send me to the hospital

12. But that is the thing, Datura is not about having a good time. It is about exploring the furthest depths of your mind.

13. Get the fuck off these forums with that drug. You gonna get little kids killed because they're gonna go research it now. Jimson weed is a horrible hallunicgen. Its meant to be shamanlike meditate and such. I highly sugest that only the exeperienced of the experienced even attempt to smoke this drug or eat it.

14. furthest? rly, ur saying this is the strongest hallucination yet to me discovered or made on this earth

15. I'm pretty sure it's a delirient, not a hallucinogen

16. From what I've read it blows other hallucinations out of the water, and not in a good way. I do love going to Erowid and reading a few Datura reports once in a while, it sounds undescribable. It's probably the closest thing to describing an entirely diferent reality, that we've ever gotten. To where things that are not real, become real.

Here's a few snippins', courtesy of Erowid's wonderful vault of reports.

"After I took a piss I went back into the den to lay on the couch for a-while. To my surprise I came into a full house. Many of my friends, it seems invited themselves to a party at my house that I didn't even know was going on. This didn't bother me though I told one of my friends who was taking out my Mr. Bungle cd and replacing it with some good ol' Novembre (my favorite band of all time)to make sure he remembered to lock the door after letting everyone in (I'm not sure if he was the one who let everyone in or not). A few hours went by and I was having some very deep conversations with many of my friends about random theories and philosophies."

"...Finally I just gave him a reassuring 'thumbs up' to communicate what body language I could. 'alright then' he returned, 'I'm going to take a nap for awhile, Let me know if you need anything'. I told him ok and let him sleep in my bed while I finished my journey. 'But first' i thought, 'I need some water'. I went into the kitchen to get a drink of water from a Long John Silver glass (a glass that I lost years ago and never saw since) but when I reached to get my Bretta out of the fridge the glass disappeared, then when I looked back at the fridge, it wasn't the fridge at all. I was opening my medicine cabinet. This made me giggle so much that I almost pissed myself, thank god I was already in the bathroom."

17. Don't do it man. Spaz has, and you are most definitly not ready.

I took it over the summer.

I though all those acid trips, countless amounts, and the countless shrooms and salvia and shit, I thought I'd be fine.

I tripped from friday to sunday, haha.

Shit was most definitly intense. VERY VERY intense. I would not recommend it to anyone, besides Negligent( haha, Cause I know you could take it bro!). I've been around the block with drugs, many a time, but this was insane.

Basically, imagine an acid trip, but stronger, with a salvia weirdness. Now imagine that as your reality for 3 days. You ready? Go for it chief.

18. Found some near campus one day so I plucked a few pods. What can I say, I have a curious nature. I started off with about 50 seeds which produced a "heavy" body high. I stayed with that dose until the pods were gone. Too scared to go any further.

19. Haha, Imagine how I felt! I ate 2 pods worth... maybe three.

20. datura is bad news bears man....3 of my friends have done it and 2 of them wound up in the hosipital one of them got a catheter you know that tube they shove in your cock so you can piss without leaving bed? dont do datura......its not good