Anyone Ever Completely Remove Themselves From Their "Group" Of Friends?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by TLF1088, Oct 3, 2010.

1. I hate to say this because my dad is an alcoholic too but if your carrying more weight than you can handle (your dad) you cant put some of that weight on your friends, you have to find someone that can help you, get stronger or drop your anvil. your friends may have their own problems. as far as the bar girl goes you need to man the fuck up if a girl slaps you you say that felt good and to do it again, you don't lose your temper and bring up her childhood nightmares just to fuck with her head. seriously if you said that to one of my female friends that had been molested i would lay you the fuck out regardless of how long we were friends. and as far as the girl that started talking shit you must have done something you might not think you did anything, but trust me you did something and she found out about it.

2. yeah, I left everyone once. I got off the street corner, went back to school, and moved out of the city.

Most of my so called friends are either dead or in jail. The ones that aren't...... fuck 'em

3. I had a similar situation as the op myself. Things got stagnant in the same place for so long so at 24 i moved 1700 miles away. Moving to a new place is the ultimate fresh start. people have no pre-conceived notions about you. you can be whoever or whatever you want, or maybe just become the person you are supposed to be without influence from your so called friends. I go back home every year for the holidays and have found that everyone that i used to hang out with is in the same place they were when i left. Some just never grow up and when you associate with those kind of people all the time you become the same as they are.

Break the mold and do something out of your realm of experience, you will thank yourself in the long run.

Hope you manage to break free and fly little bird

4. Perhaps they are so full of themselves they dont see you as reaching out to them for help??

I say bring it up to them and reach out, if they dont reach back then you def know to get outta there.

5. I just did it not to long ago I think its better that way they act like little kids and have no respect for one another seems like I was the only one who gave respect. There always asking me were I'v been why I left and stopped talking to them and its getting to the point where Im gonna have to explain it to them its like they don't get it I had already talked to them about it before and i guess they forgot. Seriously someone needs to beet there asses and nock some sense into them fucken bunch of douche bags.

6. Dude, do you hang out with the Jersey Shore cast? XD Sounds like every episode of that damned show.

I've had to do the same thing though. It's sure as hell not easy, but it'll be for the better, I swear. I was pretty much "alone" right after high school was over, just because everyone I was hanging out with was such an asshole. Eventually I got in touch with some friends I had from like, freshman year. And now I have a whole new group of friends, whom I love. Living with one of the fuckers. :smoke:

My point is, make some new friends! No one likes to be alone!

7. friends are for squares. the only people you should be with is the people who would kill for you. everyone else is useless.

8. I did this same thing after high school. About a year after graduation, everyone was doing the same shit they did the last 4 years. So I split. I just stopped cold hanging out with them or returning texts or calls. Now I chill with mainly 2 or 3 people that I'm super close with, one being a girl I consider a sister and another being a kid whose had my back through thick and thin (he even fucked a nasty nasty fatty so I didn't have to. He's a good man)

I never understood it when people have like 250 friends they barely know. Probably has a lot to due with the internet, I'd assume. Just find a couple people you clique with well, and let it be. I think that's the best way personally. Less unnessesary shit all the time.

9. she was acting that way because she wanted you to take her by the arm outside and fuck her silly,

maybe... :p

10. I just did that recently. I bought my own house about 2 years ago and all of my friends from high school decided that my house is the perfect place to chill, since all of them still live with their parents. I wouldn't have a problem with that, except they'd invite their friends that I didn't know over. They'd barely even talk to me and I could tell they were just pretending to be my friends so they'd have a place to smoke. I tolerated it for a while because they would often smoke me out but I don't need people like that around me. If you're real with me, cool. If not, fuck off.

11. The group of friends I hang with are intelligent, (somewhat) respectable dudes. I'm just about 5% compatible with them.

"Hey guys, it's beautiful out. Want to toke up and go do something?"

Typical excuses: Would rather waste the entire day getting high and playing video games. If we are outside it's in the garage..with the door open. There's nothing to do. Uhhh I don't have any weed man. < --- Shit like that.

I'm all for just relaxing and shit, but EVERY single day? I'd rather be high as fuck and go for a bike ride, or at least walk around then wait for winter to come sitting on my ass. And those are my only friends, the ones I got stuck with. I haven't met one non-lazy ass, slightly curious stoner like myself. Of course I don't get calls to chill either, because I always have a different agenda. It's just as frustrating as having a bunch of SHITTY friends.

My puppy = my only true friend, honestly. Always happy to see me, always down to go do something, doesn't give a shit if I'm high. Love her :D

12. #32 CharO0ne, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
    Just cut em loose. Someone in the beginning of the thread made a very good point: just because you've known someone for a long time doesn't mean you should keep in contact with them, and I've noticed a lot of people hold on to people just because they have history. I've dropped literally all my "friends" because they're fake, they just want to bump up their social status, and I want friends that I can establish a close, genuine relationship with. Not some groupies I just call to go to the mall and act stupid with.

I've been bestfriends with This girl since the 6th grade, and even though she talked about me behind my back and straight lied about it in my face when I confronted her, we got through it and stayed friends. So two years ago, she moved to canada, and now I hardly talk to her anymore. When she does message me on FB, all she ever talks about is how she met some guy (usually guys) and how she flirts and all this other bullshit. It seems like everytime we talk, it's about men and she only wants somebody to listen to her, but she doesn't even ask in depth whats going on in my life, which is why I refuse to make an effort anymore with her.

Even a couple months ago, we were talking in the phone and she once again talks about some guys, asked me TWO questions, and then talks to her sister in law for a full 4 minutes straight while I'm still on the phone, and doesn't even acknowledge
    me. And honestly, I take ALOT of shit from people, especially those I'm close to, but this time I was done. A couple seconds later, I hung up the phone.

Bottom line is, if people aren't adding anything to your life, dot genuinely care about you and your life, put themselves before you, cause unnecessary drama or negativity, DROP EM'

/rant

13. They sound like a bunch of dumb fucks, you should just worry about ur money and ur family, oh and ur weed.

14. I would say do it. I just graduated high school, and if "friends" acted like morons, or started drama and things like that I would just quit talking and hanging out with them. I sat at a lunch table with one of the kids because we had mutual friends and I just ignored him comletely. He would try to talk to me every day but I would not respond. No one needs or wants people in their lives that are immature and lower their quality of life.

15. Cut them lose. One loyal friend is worth 1000 fake friends. :cool:

16. i remove myself for anywhere from 2-3 days to a week to months(rarely happens) sometimes. i just get into phases where i don't want to see anyone, so i don't.

17. Holy Shit!!! I'll toke to that brotha
    :smoke::smoke::smoke:

18. I've done this before... actually did it last summer. I had a group of friends I knew since I was in middle school some since even before, we graduated, some went our separate ways but we always reminded super close. Now when we are in our 20's we are still good friends or rather were, I totally shut myself out from them. There was about 9 of us, and one day last year towards the beginning I lost interest in hanging around them cause I started noticing how immature and close minded they all were, not all of them smoked so that was a contributing factor cause they'd always talk shit about pot. I started hanging out with my coworkers more, and just meeting new people in general.

I had a new friendship circle, more interesting people. Towards the ending of the year 2 of them got in a really bad car crash and it brought the group closer, although I rushed directly to the ER when i heard the news ( iw as one of the people they called first) I didn't actually re-kindle the bond we used to have. We talk once in a while, almost barely (but more so with dan he was the one in the accident ended up in a wheelchair, we'd always talk i'd listen to him vent, we always had a really good friendship).. I recently started talking to my ex who is in the group and we actually made plans to hang out this weekend, I'm sure it will be a little awk. since they havent seen me in like a year and we were SO CLOSE but i'm sure it'll fade soon enough, i'll need to get stoned though. lol. /rant :smoke:

19. qft. this is 100% true. if your friends are horrible, it will get pushed onto you. the stress will just keep building until you snap. its better to end it now then let that happen. save yourself the trouble and seperate yourself from them. do it for yourself.

PS: sorry about your father, ive been dealing with an alcaholic mother all my life, it gets bad sometimes. and shes only gotten worse with age. she just won't admit to having a problem, even though shes almost drunk herself to death on a few occasions. its miserable to see her because i feel so bad, i can't help her anymore, she gave up listening to me. its horrible.