Anyone ever been in a Tornado/Hurricane?

Discussion in 'General' started by TokingWhiteGuy, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Anyone ever been in a tornado/hurricane??
    Ive been in a couple, when i lived in arkansas and a couple in Georgia.
    Im in a Tornado warning now.
    I really hope one doesn't come, i hate tornadoes. :mad:

2. been in a plenty. plenty of hurricanes aimed right for my little peninsula, and i was in a tornado watch this morning.

when i lived in ohio as a child, i lived on 24 acres of woods (i wouldve grown so much pot if i had been older.) and a tornado touched down on our property and cleared a path through the thick trees wide enough for two cars to drive down, about 100 feet long. pretty cool looking.

be safe.

3. we've had tornado warnings in nj. and i think a few waterspouts. or whatever they're called. maybe a tornado or two. not sure

i've been through my fair share of hurricanes though. nothing too serious. just ALOT of wind and rain. my mom remembers a few good hurricanes when she was a kid living on the island near here.

the biggest things here are noreasters

4. Same as mietoe. Just earlier this morning there was a tornado warning.

5. I'd get so high watch, then run downstairs and cuddle myself while eating oreos.

6. I was planning on filming it if it came by my house, and selling the footage to news station, then buying some green :)
    because i am currently out and broke

7. I've been thru a shit ton of typhoons. They suck just about as bad as it sounds. Only way to deal with one is to stay outside and drink excessive amounts of hard liquor ((I reccomend tequila and scotch)) and shout angrily at the storm as it passes.

8. Was at school a long time ago, had one right on top of us. Wasn't quite strong enough to rip the school apart, but the windows shattered and things were flying around.

Pretty scary stuff.

9. Yeah a few hurricanes in orlando . never got hit as bad as brevard though ... just got out of school :)

10. I was asleep in a log cabin with my Girlfriend. It was a really windy night and i woke in the morning to see the roof hovering above me. I grabbed my girlfriend and threw her out the door. As the door opened the roof disappeared and landed in a field 50 meters away.
    Scariest day of my life.

11. Yea even though Jersey is like the most exspensive state in America we lucked out with not having to worry about serious hurricanes, tornados or even worse earthquakes. Shit we havent even had a serious blizzard since like 2000.

12. Been through a couple hurricanes. I don't mind them as long as the power doesn't go out. I've been a week without power and it sucked!

13. i dont know how many tornado warnings ive been thru without actually seeing one, thats a good thing tho cuz i live in a trailer and if a big one came id be fucked

my grandma and aunts house got raped by hurricane charlie in a punta gorda a couple years ago

14. Lived eight years in Miami, so yeah, I´ve been in a lot of them. Seen a couple of tornadoes but never been in one.

I actually missed Andrew by a couple of weeks. Imagine hearing so much about the U.S. and it being a first world developed country and all, and walking off the plane and into a city that had been struck by a category 5 hurricane. I felt kinda ripped off for a while.

15. i live in florida so ive been through a lot of hurricanes but never a tornado

16. Hurricane!?!?

[​IMG]

Hah, but in all seriousness I was in a hurricane while I was at Cape May, NJ. That was a long ass time ago though. I just remember seeing the palm trees like bending over and almost laying on the pavement. Then there were a bunch of mussels that washed up on shore that we picked up and cooked... it was tight.