Anyone else work as their hobby?

Discussion in 'General' started by Soap, Oct 23, 2008.

1. I havnt had a constructive hobby since I was about 15, so instead I hold 3 jobs to keep me occupied...
    I am a stock trader from when the market opens, 9:30am eastern, then I usually stop during the lunch lull hits so I can eat and get ready for my day job, which is Quality Assurance supervisor for an electronics company, which I work from 4-12:30.
    Then on Sundays I work 4-10 at the most popular pizza place in the city, which is great for tips which I finance my alcohol and weed consumption with. Also the pizza place is where I get my weed from, as 4 of the people working there are drug dealers.
    I am content and I keep busy, which is quite satisfying.
    Anyone else work as a hobby instead of an actual hobby?

2. so do have a social life or no? :p

i'm unemployed as fuck and i don't even care

3. Saturday and Sunday is when I have a social life. At the pizza place I just talk to everyone who walks in, and its also a great place to meet women, as it is right downtown at the bar scene.

4. Well I've been drawing a lot latley and thinking of turning that into a carrer somehow.

5. yeah... i buy/sell football cards on ebaY and other hobby-specific message boards as well as sell parts from Dodge Stealths/3000GTs on another enthusiast-specific message board (and occassionally ebaY) usually use the money to pay bills, or, now that my hours have picked up at work (from 7-16hrs back to 32-40hrs) use that money to buy cards and other discressionary spending

6. i guess you could say that, i mean im a musician....

-BW

7. Oh? Paying bills now, are we? :p

8. lol I think everybody's dealer works at a pizza place. I work at one and met one of my hookups there, plus most of the other people that work there smoke.

9. that sounds spiritually fulfilling

10. yup, I draw for a living, though I haven't taken any new clients since going back to school...

11. #11 Starlore, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2008

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

12. I wouldn't consider it a hobby, but I sure do love my job. I work at Jamba Juice. Everyone I work with is really cool and half of 'em smoke. I'm only workin' PT though since I'm still in school.

ps nice tom waits avatar

13. Ah, I made a good chunk of money this morning :D
    Wow what a great start to the weekend! It's such an invigorating feeling.

14. i currently work a full time and a part time job -- so 2 jobs.
    yeah, feel like a fuckin workaholic but if i have a day to myself.. i really don't know what to make of it.
    such a rare occurrence but money is needed so thus my input of so many fuckin hours.
    ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

15. Mane... One job used to be enough for me. Construction is a love/hate relationship for me. Sometimes, I jus love being outside working, especially during the winter.

But my hobby for the longest time has been smokin the reefer. But I like to rides the quads around the mudhole too.

16. I hear ya, I only have 1 day a week off, and its usually spent getting high the whole day, finished off by a nice binge drinking session with friends or at the bars.

17. See, I could never be happy like that. I gotta run free, man. *****s cant hold me down ***** i got shit to do!

I jus dont see how someone could work in a store or sit in a fucking cubicle for years on end and not end up shooting themselves in the face. Thats what Im probably gonna do about 10 years down the road.

18. yep, I do hair and it's been my hobby for as long as I can remember :smoking:

19. Work as a hobby? I could see that if you are doing something you REALLY wanted to do, I wouldn't mind working as a photographer which is a hobby of mine but I don't consider keeping myself busy with work a hobby, I work about half a year and take the other half off for travel now a days.

I've got hundreds of hobby's I try to do as many of them as often as I can and work as little as possible :D

Do you find work as a hobby fulfilling? Really that's all that matters, if your happy with it then roll with it :hippie:

20. I'm so so, sorry lol