Anyone else watch ancient aliens?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ADTR 05, Sep 28, 2011.

1. I've watched almost every episode and pretty much disowned anything i believed about the bible, religion, ancient people, and the creation of man.

does anyone else fully believe the very convincing ancient aliens theory?

2. i dont necessarily believe it to be truth lol... nor am i putting out the idea those aliens, are just humans from a much more advanced form of ourselves...

But, i cant believe it all as fact.... its just too easy

3. yeah, idk if everything they say is true, just when you think about it, everything seems so viable. The most compelling is that the story of Noah's Ark is actually talking about a DNA bank. crazy shit...

4. I find the depictions they showed of UFOs in the background of many ancient pictures to be very interesting...there were many..lol

But who knows if they are out there or responsible for us, etc...I dont find that it really matters besides the fact that all that shit is very interesting...It doesnt mean there's not an Infinite Being, imo

5. i believe in an infinite being, but not God persay. the most insane question is what was there before space existed, and are we just an extremely tiny part of a waaay bigger picture.

and yes ancients depicted UFO's all the time, thats what is most compelling

6. Much more believable is the previous highly intelligent civilization theory.

Refer to Graham Hancock's work for more information.

7. #7 Mr. Mojorising, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    The whole ancient aliens thing started in the early 1900s and has been kept alive ever since. Much of the early writings about it are based on mistranslations of ancient text that have been pointed out by language experts as being wrong. There is no way to tell if it was done on purpose or by error.

There is not a single shred of reliable verifiable evidence to support these claims. The history channel is making big money selling advertisements and DVDs.

For some strange reason the history channel will not disclose who is paying to produce the show. I find that to be very odd.

Its a entertaining show I do not dispute that but it is not even remotely base on any real evidence.

Here is a podcast that shines some light on the subject. This first 10min is intro so ship it if you want.

Prof. John Rush interview, pt 3

8. 'Pseudoscience' at it's best. It doesn't even deserve to be called pseudoscience.

9. #9 M369, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    I just started watching it. It's very interesting, that's for sure.

But I can't help but feel like i'm being brain washed while watching it. They ram the facts down your throat and go over the same thing a lot.

I'm finished watching episode 4 last night. The Money Pit in Canada is an interesting topic. Never heard of it before.

I'm sure a lot of the show is based on facts and findings. But i'm also sure a lot of it is fabricated to produce a more believable story. I'm keeping an open mind.

10. ufo-unidentified flying object

all ufo sightings have been antural occurnences that people couldnt identify, and labled as supernatural.

no current evidecne exists that aliens exist.

we all want there to be aliens, but there is no evidecne yet.

11. no current evidence exists that has been released. doesn't mean there isn't any. theres no doubt in my mind theres aliens of some kind out there.be it , microbial life or highly advanced superclouds. i do know there is aliens though look at the universe and say there isn't. we're not that special IMO

12. its interesting for sure

13. Go post this same thing in the Box and you will get all kinds of from people who think it is based on facts.

Thats a shame and the History channel should be ashamed. If the media wants to produce shows like this and make big bucks put it on the Sci FI channel. Whats next a Discovery channel special on the benefits of Scientology?

14. Everything on that show is a bunch of shit, they act like its all impossible to build a fucking pyramid of rocks, oh that's real hard aliens must have done it, honestly if I was an Egyptian or descendent of any one of those peoples that built cool shit I'd be pretty pissed. Ancient peoples weren't as dumb as you think give em some fucking credit. I saw this guy on TV build a an exact replica of Stonehenge out of giant concrete blocks by himself with no powertools to prove that it wasn't impossible.

15. Ok, im not touching on the truth of that show.... aliens or not, we have no fuckin idea how they built those pyramids and megaliths with the lack of technology they had. Sure we can do it today with a grip of heavy machinery and architects and engineers.... But we are completely baffled how humans in any number could do that. Now one would argue Egypt had thousands and thousands of slaves, thats true, but you cant move 1 rock with 1000 people.... there isnt enough room first of all, and if they had been using that quantity per stone, or the quantity needed it would have taken them MUCH longer to build them, if they ever even could have. Its a very well known mystery..... we just have no idea how they did it, but that doesnt also mean... they didnt have some sort of shit we are unaware of lol.... that didnt stand the test of time

16. They had all kinds of tools and shit we weren't aware of, like cranes and stuff but they were all made of wood and have disintegrated along time ago, try to find that video of that guy building his concrete Stonehenge, its actually really cool how he does it, hell show that there are in fact ways to move huge things without machinery or thousands of people's

17. Does he include how they moved the stones for stonehenge over 1000 miles from where they originally came from lol? Those rocks traveled a long distance......

18. I don't remember I think he just made em in his driveway lol, but moving em isn't that hard, just laying down some wooden tracks to drag it on will make it thousands of times easier, even easier would be to roll it on logs

19. I agree, but using that process over 1000 miles.... i dunno lol. There must be some ancient tools we just will never discover....