Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone else want to band together to end the usage of the word pot?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Cheeto Jones, Oct 28, 2014.

1. #1 Cheeto Jones, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    "ARE YOU SMOKING POT?"

"Billy is smoking POT in his room!"

Who else is tired of this stupid fucking word?  "Pot".  When anyone says this they sound like they're from an old ass sitcom, having one of those "very special episode", serious moments where they have to address finding cannabis in their child's room.

Personally, I think everyone who cares about cannabis should band together and agree to stop using the word "pot" and try to correct people who do use it.  Let them know this isn't the 70's, people don't say Pot anymore.  The slang is weed, bud, chronic... no one says pot.  Stop saying that.

2. I'm more tired of 15 year olds/retards using the word "kush" to refer to good weed 

3. Also tired of too many new members starting threads.

4. ^ or dro.  If we get rid of the word pot then all slang terms referring to marijuana should stop being used.

Honestly I could care less what people call it.  Grass, bud, dope, shit, smoke...I know what your talking about.  Far more important things to worry about in this world.

5. Like "pot" is any worse than "chronic"? :p 

6. If you have been on the site so long surely you know that name calling is a no-no.

Between name calling and admitting to having another account, you're putting yourself up for the banhammer real quick like :p 

8. As a kid like you, I agreed, now I call it pot, fuck these kids calling it loud and fire

9. #9 Megacosm, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
    I'm 19 and call it pot sometimes. Who cares? Sometimes I say dope because it's funny and makes it sound more serious in front of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Says a 3 year member. :rolleyes:

10. I resent that statement I smoke my pot outside bro.

11. :wave: :hello:

12. I'd prefer that to when they say "loud" to be honest

13. THANK YOU. idfk who started that but it's become a pet peeve when I see it! :laughing:

14. its like its trying to hard to be a "hard" drug.  Its like saying crank or black.  Loud is just another monosyllabic term that sounds harder than it is.  

You seem to be very narrow minded. People have a different way of saying different things, always have and always will, stop trying to push your beliefs and ideas onto others so blatantly.

Maybe people prefer saying pot as to saying weed or fire. Who the fuck cares? 

16. I'm 20... I say pot sometimes. I also say bud, smoke, Yrtti (I learned that's what they sometimes call it in Finland and it's kinda fun to say. I think the literal translation is herb). Whatever comes out of my mouth honestly.. Why does it really matter as long as we know what the other person is talking about? That only thing that irks me a little bit is when people use slang terms to try to sound cool.. But even then it's not like I lose sleep over it.

17. This thread is really going places.

18. tl:dr?

OP makes the original post at 11:18pm and then only an hour later at 12:26pm he's called it quits on this forum and has left, over asking other strangers if we should "band together" to end using the word "pot".

19. I kinda hate the word pot, but I do use it sometimes, mostly jokingly. Because think about the way that most of the world would use said word. "Billy was smoking POT in his room" is a great example. I could imagine 2 middle aged soccer moms talking about how their sons smoke POT. I capitalize pot because think about the way most people say it. They would put a very negative tone on the word. So it's not the word, it's the way it's used.

But loud and kush are no no's. I make an exception for "fire" though because most people say fire in my town. Everyone knows what dank means, but most people I know use the word fire so I'll use it. Plus fire isn't as bad as loud or even crack (yes people say that this is some crack ass bud in my town)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum