Anyone else think bars are dumb?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Luvs2splooj, Nov 25, 2011.

1. #41 Parable, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    That's exactly where I'm getting at and apparently you cannot comprehend it.

That is your general assumption of drunk people at the bar. You are making a general assumption about an individual who you do not even know. Incase you didn't know....

You obviously directed the "You look like a tool" comment towards her. So how are you going to imply that she is one of 'them' when you know next to nothing about this person?

See what I'm saying?

2. Its not an assumption of just random people at a bar. Its an assumption from people, who I know the personalities of, that go to bars. And they all have the same personalities(or very similar).

This is basing off of mostly college kids. But I do know some older men/woman that go to bars, and their personality is different from the younger ones, yet somewhat the same fundamentally. You can tell they are just older kids.

3. Dude, you're basing your observations off of a small local group of people and comparing them to people around the world. Need I say more?

4. #44 Luvs2splooj, Nov 26, 2011
    I feel like people like you need to pick apart everything.

I can't list every specific thing I am or am not talking about.
    Where did I say people all over the world? I thought I painted a decent picture of the kind of bars and people I was talking about.
    Sure there are some bars that I would like with decent people. But why would I bring that up when I'm not talking about them? Thread titles are rarely not vague.

Im talking about your stereotypical bar, with your average bar going people. Its not a secret that they are filled with dunces.
    And if you consider several bars over 3 states local then sure.
    There are always unique people/situations that don't fit what I'm talking about. Your not trumping any sort of argument by bringing them up because they are not who/what I'm describing.

These people all act the same. They all do the same things. They say the same things.
    Your response to that last line would be, oh but these people do this while these people do this.
    SURE. But then your just splitting hairs.
    Im not generalizing people, Im describing certain people.
    I could say this banana is yellow. You would say Im generalizing the color of the banana and that its full of all the colors of the spectrum. No, Im just describing how it appears, and most likely is.
    Im not saying anyone/anything is definite, I'm just trying to describe what is probable.

Why is it that every douchebag from school you knew goes to bars/clubs? Hmm? And when I say every I almost mean that literally.
    Its the same people that are so dramatic in their facebook statuses. And the same people that all go to the same place on spring break because its the only place they heard everyone else is going.

Its the act of general buffoonery that they all share. That with their misguided sense that they are doing something serious. When really they are doing the same thing every other person in that bar is there to do(get stupid and have sex with a girl thats stupider).

I don't mean for this to sound obnoxious, but I feel I am very self aware of myself. I usually catch myself when I act unfavorably, the same way other people seem to act all the time without a second thought. And I can usually see through fake attitudes/personalities. And I think that is why I am so touchy on things like this, because I don't see how so many people can be so eluded by their own thought processes.

5. You obviously have no problem comparing your locals to a person on this forum. (Whom may be located anywheres in this world)

Anyone else think bars are dumb?

Oh wait, were you talking about a specific bar? Or did you mean bars as in plural? I can't tell........

Oh? Then perhaps you should make your thread title a little less vague and put "Dumbass college kid bars"

Different people, different perspectives. I don't hang out with college kids so I don't know what the fuck they do these days. They're probably inserting vodka imbued tampons in their anus for all I know. Fact is, you're hanging out with peers and they all have the same mentality, what the hell do you expect?

I don't associate with those types of people, but I thank you for clearing that up. Maybe you should find some people who can suite your intellectual needs, instead of mindless idiots.

6. Well now you are downing it.. so I must ask again.. Why down other people for having fun? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's unreasonable for somebody else to. I'm sure you enjoy shit that I could make fun of and I could say it makes you look like a "tool". Hell, I could argue that only tools bother to actually call somebody else a tool...

If somebody is having fun with something and it's not hurting anybody, they're not doing anything wrong. I seriously don't see why fault somebody for having fun. You can say "it's stupid. Alcohol makes you stupid" but that just sounds like a personal bias against the drug shining through. I personally love getting drunk and don't really see anything stupid about it. Some people may act foolish when under the influence but not everyone...

I don't see why you're judging people for doing something you do too.. having fun. If people got together, shit in a huge pile, and then set it on fire.. but were having the time of their lives in the process.. how can you fault them?

7. #47 Luvs2splooj, Nov 26, 2011
    Let me be clear I don't hang around with those people. But it's impossible to avoid them.

And most of what people say on forums are probably in generalities, which is what the thread title is. I hope you get that cause you seem to have a problem with me not listing the name of every good or bad bar in the world.

That girl. She had an attitude, I had an attitude back. Let that post go.

I'm not. I honestly don't care what people do to have fun. The problem is that SO many people are into the bar scene. And its just bad for humans to focus on something like that so much.

I didn't call alcohol stupid, I said it makes you stupid. And it does. Thats just a fact. Sure a shot or two is fine, but who just goes to a bar to get slightly buzzed? Go talk to a drunk person(when your sober), any drunk person, and see how appealing you find them. They seem like obnoxious asses. Because thats all alcohol does, makes you not care.

I say tool cause its probably the most recognizable word for this purpose. Theres a bunch of words I could have used.
    BTW, I only really said that cause she gave me an attitude and I usually don't care what I say to people after they give me lip.

"I personally love getting drunk and don't really see anything stupid about it."
    Really? How can you not?
    For one, its technically a poison. Did you know when you pass out its because your body is saying,"yea im shutting down cause Im going to die if you keep drinking".
    Not only that it makes you feel crappy the next day. No hangover is worth the best drunk. Its a stupid thing to do to your body. It makes some people aggressive. It makes some people sad. It makes most people act foolishly. And it lowers inhibitions. I would bet money bars are a contributing factor to the spread of STDs.

"I don't see why you're judging people for doing something you do too.. having fun. If people got together, shit in a huge pile, and then set it on fire.. but were having the time of their lives in the process.. how can you fault them? "

Having an opinion about something isn't judging it. And would you honestly say that if people got together and did that that it wouldnt be one of the most retarded things youve ever seen? Cause if you dont call that stupid...then i dont even know what to say.

8. Well in all honesty your earlier posts had a sort of pretentious attitude to them before she posted. Maybe you didn't intend it, but they did. But fuck it.. if we can't cop attitudes on the internet then what has the world come to?

9. I know what I mean but Im having a hard time saying exactly what it is.
    I can't find words to describe what I see when I look at those people. Which is probably why my other posts seem like that. I took the long clunky way of explaining.

10. I never got to the point where I passed/blacked out/hangovered from drinking. Is that something stupid people do?

11. This is why I dont talk to people on forums regularly. You try to put words in other peoples mouth for the sake of your argument. I never called anyone stupid. I call someTHING stupid.

12. You really don't know what your saying.

I know what I'm talking about and your way off with your accusations.

I guess it's my fault for not elaborating clearly. Can't argue with people like you though, cause you try to use every detail I don't include against me.

I make general statement about the bar scene. HE THINKS EVERY BAR AND PERSON IN A BAR IS STUPID.

13. I never said you did. I specifically asked you a question. Only a moron could translate that into a statement.

I just find it funny how you're saying alcohol is bad for you and 'durhurdur' just because you had a bad experience with it / observed a bad experience. It's like saying "Hey man, I puked from smoking marijuana, it's bad news, stay away from it"

:laughing:

14. You're right. Everything should be one sided. You know what you're talking about and I don't. That's why you are right. What a perfect and happy perspective.

I'm not trying to use anything against you. I'm just going by what you say and if you can't elaborate your argument furthermore then don't make one. Simple as that.

15. Its not really an opinion that alcohol is bad for you. Or for your persona.

And your question sounded very sarcastic.

And what I mean by I know what Im talking about is that I know what Im trying to convey, not that I know Im right.

16. Do you really want to argue that? Because I can provide articles that can prove otherwise.

I guess, maybe it's the alcohol.

Well maybe next time you will give it more thought. I know what you're talking about, it's just that, not everyone/every bar is like that and I'm simply trying to get that through your head.

17. #57 Luvs2splooj, Nov 26, 2011
    I stated that I realize that. But Its pretty clear I was talking about bars like that. Especially considering I stated specifically what I was talking about in the very first 2 lines of this thread.

And list all the articles you want. Are you really gonna try to prove that alcohol is good for you? I don't doubt it has some positive effects for your body, but so does cocaine.