Anyone else think bars are dumb?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Luvs2splooj, Nov 25, 2011.

1. I'm not too fond of bars. The drinks are overpriced and the people are either belligerent or obnoxiously loud. I'd rather drink at home or at a friends house, like I'm doing now.

2. #22 Mogwai, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    Why down on other peoples fun?

I don't mind bars. I mean, I'm not the bar type. I don't care to get drunk and talk to people I don't know... but I can see how some people would like that. I'm 22 and haven't even gone to a bar yet though so maybe I should try a few out first.. But they seem fun if you're in the mood

But sometimes I like loud and crowded.. especially if I'm drunk. Now if I could find a bar that jammed some electronic music instead of the shitty music most bars seem to play, I'd be a regular

3. Not trying to down anything. It just all seems so fake and forced.

4. I see it as a waste of money.

5. I guess it depends on your personality. I mean for some people it would be fake and forced to go out and act like people do at bars.. but for some personalities it's quite normal/natural.

6. Eh, man. We're not trying to ruin anyones fun. I mean, we don't go to bars and tell people they're bumfucked losers or anything.

It's just a preference.

7. I understand. I'm not really a bar goer either since I still haven't went to one haha. One of these days though I'll find one that plays music I like and I will definitely check it out. I guess maybe if you don't like bars there still might be a few bars/clubs that are based around a theme/style that you would enjoy.

I live in a somewhat small city, so all there is here is pretty much generic sports and shitty music bars. Sucks

8. Probably not. I'm from jersey so every club is filled with guidos and guidettes. The bars around here vary by color/ethnicity and I've yet to find one for slovakians. :(

9. You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

10. Bars can be fun, or they can be godawful.

Depends on the bar, the bartender, the crowd, the music, and who you are with.

There's a great local pub that I frequent, with no loud music, or skanky girls. Just intelligent people, drinking good beer and having good conversations.

But, getting drunk and dancing my ass off is also fun. As a 35 year old woman, I certainly don't give a shit what the 21 year old kid standing next to me thinks. I'm having fun, I'm not there to impress you. If you're not enjoying it, that's your problem.

11. Who said anything about trying to be impressed.

I was implying you look like a tool. IDC how you take it. BTW judging by age is a sign of ignorance. Having met pathetic 40+ people, age means nothing.

12. #32 Parable, Nov 26, 2011
    Wait a second there, bud.
    You're calling her a tool because she likes to get drunk and dance a little bit regardless of what 'anyone' thinks of her?

You're saying she looks like a tool, but you've never seen her physically dance.

Explain to me, how does that work?

Answer: Ignorance.

13. #33 Luvs2splooj, Nov 26, 2011
    I was never talking to her before she responded to me. So "I was implying you look like a tool" was more about the other people I have seen. I obviously don't know her so I can't say one way or the other. But considering most jackasses dancing in bars look like tools...
    Getting stupid and dancing with other stupids is almost the epitome of being a tool.
    Call it getting drunk if you want, but the honest truth is your getting stupid until the ethanol wears off.

Think for a second, picture any 35+ year old woman...in a bar...you have ever seen dance.
    Did you ever have the thought, "hey she's really a unique person!"?
    No, its more like, "hey...i hope she doesnt slur something at me when I walk by"

14. I can't agree with you there, pal. Everyone is a unique person, no doubt. I bet that 35 year old has so much life experience you could not even fathom the knowledge he/she possesses.

Don't base your dull perceptions on truth.

So you're making a general assumption about an individual?
    I figured that.

15. #35 Luvs2splooj, Nov 26, 2011
    In fairytales and utopias. Not saying a lot/most people aren't. But everyone is not unique, I mean..cmon. Maybe unique relative to other people you know.
    Explain why? Just because she is older. My brother is 30, went to college, and now works at Maryl Lynch. But mentally he might as well be a junior-senior in college. Experience doesn't just appear with age, you have to actually do something. Are you implying you have never met a stupid 30+ year old person? If what you said was true our country wouldn't be in the shitter.

You ought to reread cause I specifically said I wasnt. I don't know her, its an assumption through past observation.
    Just like when you see a black dude with huge clothes and headphones in. Would it be a wrong assumption to assume he's listing to some sort of rap/R&B?
    Not tryin to be racist with that one just an example.

I'm in college, I have met a lot of kids. 90% of the people that go to bars weekly are COMPLETE followers.
    My brother is 30 as well, he is one of those people and he still goes to bars every weekend. Why? Cause he and all his friends and the entire community glorify getting drunk.
    WHAT DO U WANNA DO THIS WEEKEND BRO!? IUNNO LETS GET WASTED DUDE!
    Call me ignorant if you want be you know theres truth here.

And I wouldn't have responded offensively to her if she didn't to me. Which is why I don't care about sounding "ignorant" to those people, cause they won't understand what I'm trying to say no matter how articulate I get. I hate people that try to troll, but when people get bitchy with me I can't help but semi-troll(hate to call it troll but I can't think of a better word atm).

16. You know everything, don't you?

Sure, I've met plenty of stupid people......
    But you're saying it like everyone should have significant knowledge in every subject known to mankind.

I once met a guy who was dumb, literally. But, man, he could tell you what was wrong with your vehicle just by looking at it or hearing the sound the vehicle makes. That's because he specialized in one area and he put everything he had into it... He has more knowledge about cars than you do about drunk people at bars. Go figure.

I ought to reread what? The sentence that stated you made a general assumption about an individual?

:wave:

17. #37 Luvs2splooj, Nov 26, 2011
    I edited some so reread.
    No, but "everyone is unique" is the same as "everyone is special". It was only true in elementary school

18. The point of a bar is either to get drunk, or find someone to have intercourse with someone or both.

19. So you're questioning my ability to read when you hangout with people who follow the herd and subject themselves to a leader? What kind of mentality is that, man? :rolleyes:

Then you go on making a general assumption about an individual and you state the same thing that you previously stated before. As if it adds merit to the assumption?

That being said, who has problems in the reading comprehension department?

20. You apparently. Ill assume you can read and just don't get exactly what I mean. I am not saying that they are this or that. I'm just saying, that off of past experience/observation, that they are most like 'this or that'. And if they weren't it would be a unique situation. Whats that saying? If It Looks Like A Dog, And Barks Like A Dog, It IS A Dog.