Anyone else roll their own cigs?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brahski, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Just picked up an oz of some fine quality tobacco, a cig roller, and two packs of zig-zags.

Overall it does save a lot of money but rolling them is a pain in the ass. :mad:

But they taste fuckin' great, they're a little light but they also burn for so long. :love:

2. I rolled for quite a few years using the crank rollers (maybe not the proper term) and filter tubes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Yeah I don't have the cash right now but I plan on getting an elesctric roller an a box of tubes sometime soon. :D

4. you dont need an electric one, get the top-o-matic

5. YEAH! i just bought a Top-o-matic T2 a few weeks ago. Best investment i've ever made!!:hello::hello:

6. Occasionally I do.

This thing makes it so easy
    [​IMG]

7. I used to roll my own. I never invested in any automatic roller.

Eventually you will have done it so much you will be able to roll a perfect smoke in like 7 seconds.

8. They are fucking ridiculously cheaper when you roll your own.

My friend used to roll them and sell packs for like 2.50

He would store the tobacco with chopped up willow apples and they would get a hint of apple flavor.

For real though its unbelievable how much cheaper it is then prerolled stoges.

9. Before the tax changes on loose tobacco I was rolling up cartons for just under $12.00 compared to the $50+ for pre-rolled.

10. Damn how much did the tobacco run ya'?

An oz for me is ~$4 even.

11. i get a 1lb for $18.00

12. It has been a while now since I've purchased loose tobacco but I would purchase it in a 1 pound bag which would roll up about 2 1/2 cartons for me (would vary depending on how tight or loose the cigarettes were packed). The bag was about $15-18 or so at the time. A carton of tubes ran about $2 give or take (which worked out to around $22-25 for 2 cartons).

After the tax hikes the local tobacco shop I went to ended up going out of business (the majority of his business was loose tobacco and people started to switch back to pre-rolled) but I want to say it is now about $20 for a 6 oz bag with the tubes being the same price. Takes 2 2/3 bags to make a pound (around $53) + the two boxes of tubes ($4) for a total of roughly $28-30 / carton give or take.

13. Me & my Dad use to buy Bugler & Top in a tin all the time. Now I really just buy Marlboro Reds, but I dont go through a pack to quick, that shit lasts me like 2-3 weeks since I'd much rather just Blaze instead usually. Nothing like a Cig during Break at work though. :smoke:

14. sorry to bring up an old thread but i just stumbled onto this

been hand rolling cigs for many years, total 10 (on and off 6 years, solidly past 4)

american spirit perique, raw king size, raw filter tip.

15. i dont smoke cigs but pretty much everyone i know that does: rolls their own. once you get used to it you roll them up in like 10 seconds.

16. With cigs at over $8 a pack I go 50/50
    Half the time I have a pack and smoke that and half the time I don't and just roll my own. Pretty much always have papers and rolling tobacco because it's so cheap

17. i roll my own,, been rolling them steady for about 3 years,,,,,

i use a rolling machine just like the one pictured,,,,,,

and cheap papers, i get 50 papers for a buck,,,,

.75 of a ounce of tabacco for $1.99

I TRIED LAST YEAR to grow my own tabaccoo but failed miserablly,,,,

the seeds are real cheap on the internet.... i got 4 packets of 4 different types of tabbaccoo with 120 seeds in each packet,,,,

about $3.00 a packet ,, so for $13.00 you can get 500 seeds,,,,they are super small the size of a '' collard'' seed,,,,,

im going to germinate them different this year,, gonna buld a small humidity house for them out of bisqueen....

i may start a tabbaccoo grow journal if i get it going...:cool:

18. Used to when I smoked, especially when we were on a field ex, cause if your out there for a week a pack of cigs will get crushed so easy. Freezing hands that you can't feel is sooooooooo hard to roll.

19. Yeah norm cigs are over $10 here now..

20. -

i heard thier was a big BLACK MARKET for cigs in your area,,'' new york''

shit at 10$ a pack i can see why....

thats 50 cent per cigarette,,,,,

damn dude you better look into growing your own baccy....and cut out the price of the baccy,,,:cool: