Anyone else not like movies when high?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Cabin Fever, Oct 8, 2010.

1. I love watching movies. Now I'm not like a huge movie buff or anything, but I watch probably atleast 1-4 movies a week and I can pay attention and stay interested in a film even if its 3+ hours. But when I'm high, I really cant keep an interest in a movie. I usually end up changing it to something else or getting up and doing something different. I guess watching movies baked just isnt for me. I prefer to listen to music, surf the web, chill with friends, or take a drive somewhere and maybe get something to eat.

2. For me, it makes the whole experience a lot better. I kinda get lost in the movie is the best way to describe. When I'm sober, not so much.

3. I think this is yet another example of how differently everyone experiences marijuana. I would love to experience a high through someone else's eyes. or someone else's brain I suppose lol

4. movies to me are better when stoned

5. Man, Im with this guy!:smoke:

Edit: I think I remember hearing another guy say the same thing somewhere on these forums, maybe it was in real life... anywho, I don't think your alone.

6. I'm happy for you. It's a great thing especially in theaters and IMAX.

7. Depends on the movie.

8. For me it depends on whether or not I've seen the movie before.

If I'm high and watching a movie for the first time, it's nearly impossible for me to focus on the plot and I keep forgetting what just happened in the previous scene. I've gone back and watched movies sober that I had first watched when high, and it's like I'm watching it for the first time, thinking "I don't remember any of this shit."

HOWEVER, if I've seen a movie before, and then I watch it while high, the experience is quite rewarding. Since I already know the plot and what's happening, I always tend to focus on weird random shit in the movie I never noticed before.

9. This. To the fucking extreme.

10. For me it depends on the movie. I HATE 3D movies anytime I see one. It's like watching paper ships on a paper sea....everything looks so FAKE:(

11. I love to watch movies when I'm stoned. It really makes me focus on the story and back ground of the movie more. I can determine crappy movies out of great movies easily. I can analyze actor's roles to see if they suck or just making the movie suck. Ex. Machete, Hilarious! It's suppose to be a action genre but to me it was a corny comedy. Ex. Resident Evil: Afterlife, shit. It makes me angry how a few actions can ruin a movie. Point from all this, being baked and watching a movie is priceless.

12. If I'm high, and I get really into a movie, I'll watch it for hours intently.

If I'm high, and I don't get into the movie fast, I'll get distracted easily.

I find if I smoke a good Indica, I can pay more attention to movies. Sativa's tend to make me more...random. Maybe you just gotta change your weed :)

Though, Sativa's make me find comedies a lot funnier, I should say.