Anyone else meditate?

Discussion in 'General' started by Thaifoon90, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Meditation and Familiarity | KratosGuide.com

"In meditation we practice just observing ourselves and nothing more. By doing this we will slowly become familiar with our tendencies to judge ourselves"

does anyone else meditate or try to at least?

2. Yes, I'm just getting into it! It's awesome though. I'm just learning how, and it'll take more practice.

3. Been doing it everyday for like a month now :) but I can't seem to get past 15 minutes without becoming impatient/anxious.

4. just recently started getting into it. but i too can't get past 15 or so minutes. i always feel great when i'm done though. i can't wait to feel what it's like after meditating for a good half an hour or up.

5. Yeah I meditate, meditate with my penis! OH BAM!!

Actually, no.. I'd love to but I usually don't have time. Also when you think about it, sleep is really the highest level of meditation anyway so why bother with this half-assed awake stuff?

6. I have tried in the past and just can't seem to do it. I want to get back into it though, I could really use it

7. I meditate sober but meditating high is a while new experience. Try a guided meditation with some good headies and its just amazing.

8. I did and became a Super Saiyan,I really did though and felt amazing,I get irritated very easily,After meditation Nothing bothered me and No one could tell me anything (Jk they could tell me something,I was just to damn Focused and Happy to care:)

9. i meditate ~4 hours a day plus some various breathing exercises. went to india once witnessed some fairy talish shit most of you wouldnt believe and have even experinced some fairytalish shit in my own life since this all began. diet and celibacy are just as important as mediation if you have spiritual ambitions. but if u just tryin to be less stressful idk probably not as much.

10. because you can't try to meditate. it's effortless- you just need to have the right atompshere within you for it to blossom. chant om in the right tone it will calm the mind after 108 times or so

11. NAH I DONT MEDITATE THAT ARE REALLY KIND OF WEIRD AND UNMANLy

I MEAN, IT ARE JUST NOT SOMETHING THERE REALLY HAVE IT TOGETHER AND ARE ALL THEre

SERIOs

12. You dont have to chant anything. Its best for me to just focus on my breathing. the in and out breath and after about 30 breathing cycles I'm relaxed. Obviously to each their own but chanting for me just feels weird and it distracts me.

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li2z1jlOYHk&feature=fvst]Sigur Ros Saeglopur - YouTube[/ame]

this song helps me meditate, im soaring the unknown atm :eek:

14. everyone should try this :smoke:

15. When I was having anxiety I would meditate. It was really relaxing and helped control my breathing.

16. English please.

17. :confused:

18. maybe meditating would help you find your inner vocabulary...

19. [​IMG]

after doing a bunch of research on whether it was bull**** or not, i started meditating a few weeks ago. honestly, i can say that mentally/emotionally i have never felt better.

if you look around there are plenty of ways to meditate. you don't technically need music but this my personal routine, can go anywhere from 30min-1hr:

>i sit with my eyes closed and listen to a theta wave pattern for 10-20 minutes (posted below)

while i do this i just clear my thoughts completely and remain focused on breathing, breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth.

here's what i usually listen to (you need stereo headphones):
    Ambient 7.83 - YouTube

-i will make another post in here about this. but basically its called a theta wave, and when you hear it the sound synchronizes with the waves produced by your brain to relax you and increase focus:
    Theta Wave Brain Synchronization « Get High Now (without drugs)

>after i listen to the waves, i follow this 10min guided meditation (geared towards students):
    Guided Meditation for Studying - Fragrant Heart

>at that point i'm in a super-relaxed state and i'll usually listen to some music that has embedded frequencies, these are some epic ones especially the 2nd:
    Schumann Resonance 7.83 Hz with Unforgettable Music - YouTube
    Total Euphoria: Uplifting Brainwave Entrainment Enhanced Dance Mix - YouTube
    if you did it right, you will feel like you just ripped a bong and get a huge rush of positive endorphins from listening to the music.. no better way to start your day.

a couple months ago, i noticed i had developed a case of nerves/anxiety (heart would beat fast in social situations, couldn't talk smoothly, etc) as a result of adhd meds.. i know it was the meds because i was NEVER like that before. when i would go out in public, my brain would just go into overdrive and i would overthink things and become mentally distressed. meditating has reduced all of that to zero, to the point where i can walk up to random girls on the street and start a convo and be completely relaxed about it.

meditation teaches you to separate yourself from your emotions and be in complete control of your life. for most people life is like a roller coaster.. something "bad" happens to them they feel ****ty, something "good" happens to them they get happy and optimistic again. when you meditate, you realize how ridiculous that is. your emotions and feelings, actually mean nothing. YOU are the one who decides how you feel, no outside influence can actually change your emotional state. if you want to not care about something, literally all you have to do is tell yourself not to care and then just go about your day. my emotions went from being a cloud over me that decided how i would feel, to a little ball of playdough in my hand.

for people who complain that meditation is too long, boring, etc.. the fact that you do not have the willpower to sit still for 10-20 minutes a day is exactly why you will never accomplish anything in life.