Anyone else having trouble...

Discussion in 'General' started by amicold, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Finding a job? I'm gonna need one after school lets out I figured I'd get in before the other college kids snag them up. I haven't recieved one phone call in response to any of my applications. It's really kind of upsetting. Any ideas besides fast food?

2. just keep applying. you'll get it one time; be as patient as possible

3. Most contractors look to hire unskilled general labourers like college kids during the summer.

Just call up local contractors and ask them if they know of any positions that need filling. Pay is good, but you work hard for it.

4. UPS. if your near a big one they will pay for school. or like rasta said, manual labor may be hard but you get mad money

5. i could never do manual labor for my career, but my dad is a plumber and i work with him all the time.

i jackhammer basement foundations and carry the rock upstairs and load it into his truck. the work sucks ass, but i get 200+ only working with him sat and sun from like 10-3 or 4.

manual labor was made for the college kid to take advantage of.

edit: if you don't mind getting 6.50, you could lifeguard this summer. i lifeguarded a few summers ago and i jumped in once and worked for like 5 months. 1500 over the whole summer for sitting in a chair.

6. I got a job w/ a good company, that I've had for a few years. But back then when I applied for it, it was the only place out of 20 to call back to my application.

7. If you're more Nature oriented and want to get away from the parents for awhile, you could always check out seasonal work in the National Parks. Many US Nat'l Parks are run by concessionaires, companies that set up and run the tourist amenities such as restaurants, hotels, souvenir shops, etc. The pay is usually minimum wage or a bit above, but the experience is priceless.

http://www.coolworks.com/national-park-jobs/

Check it out. Lots of stoners working in National Parks. :cool: