Anyone else have an obsessive compulsive disorder?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by snoopdog6502, Nov 29, 2013.

1. I love to cook but cant cook or eat in a messy kitchen. I have to have all the dishes done and put away, nothing on the counters and stove. Nothing in the sink.

If its not clean I will just not eat, or get manic and clean the shit out of every inch of it. Then im too tired to cook.

Well, my honey made the thanksgiving dinner that was amazing. My problem is the kitchen is a disaster, I dont even want to go in there.

Right now im drinking strong coffee gearing up to go clean, AAAGGGHHHHHhhhhhh.....

2. I totally here ya! I feel like it just read about myself! I have OCPD. It's a constant struggle to let stuff like that go.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Good to know im not the only one. I can cook an awesome meal and the kitchen is cleaner when im done than when I started.

When Im cooking it has to have eye appeal and the flavor of a chef made meal. good looks and taste.

Bugs the hell out of me if its less than great.

4. so you're a perfectionist too… sounds familiar! Any ADD? I do it's great having all these wonderful things awhh

5. I don't know if it applies but I always have to go number two at 10 PM.

Oh yes, I space off hundreds of times a day. People talk to me, looking me in the eye and i cant hear a word they said.

7. I was diagnosed over 10 years ago, but I don't call it a disorder sense it doesn't affect me negatively :)
    I just call it "thinking and being different than most people yet still having similarities to those actions of others"

8. I have OCD but it has nothing to do with cleanliness, i'm actually terribly unorganized and leave huge messes aha. I love too cook as well though. I just hate too clean up after, so we're pretty opposite.

My woman is like that, her kitchen was nothing like mine, now we have a happy medium.

10. Interesting. … Were you diagnosed?    What are some of your OCD traits?

Wow!  I commend you! I couldn't live with a really messy person.  I'd end up doing something evil like putting all their dirty dishes on their side of the bed.

11. I get so bad to the point I lose sleep. not just with cleaning though. walking. I count steps by fours, then into sets of fours, then grouped into fours until I stop or sit down. every clock in my house must match my phone. the weirdest thing i do is all doors in my house must be of equal distance from the door frame? such as if my bedroom door is cracked open two inches every door must be two inches. If not I get seriously anxious. I've often wondered if it's an immature thing or something I may grow out of, but then I realized I grew INTO it. I'm sure I'm not abnormal. and it doesn't affect my social life in a sense so I'm not super worried about itSent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Ha :) I've found my new home :) OCD and ADD to the max right here, for all of my 50 years :)

As for the kitchen, I spend 2 to 2 1/2 hours a day in the kitchen, pretty much 365 days a year. And I am so freaking anal about cleaning behind myself, not only after cooking.... but during !  I swear I will use, clean, use again, clean, a spatula or the large knife, like 3 or 4 X's, putting it away each time, making one dinner !
    Or fold my kitchen towel, and reposition it on the counter over, and over. Last week, I had my bro visiting from Florida, and he was watching me cook, when he said, "Dude, you have folded that towel and moved it around like 6 X's"  Uhhh... yea ? Your point ? He was like, "You look like your driving yourself crazy".... Actually yea', I do drive myself crazy :)  

So anyway, by the time I'm finished with making my daily bomb ass 2000 cal dinner, I just clean those last few things cooking utensils, wipe the counters, and my kitchen is spotless by the time I walk out with my dinner :)

You and I are a lot the same in the kitchen.

14. Yessss! I get distracted and start picking things up, then next thing I know I'm in full on cleaning mode!

15. happens to the best of us...

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Anyone have any other disorders syndromes with OCD/OCPD? Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. When I'm done dabbing, I always check my torch 1000x to make sure it's off lol.Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

18. Whenever I leave my truck I always check 100x to make sure its locked.

I don't know if that counts. :confused_2:

19. I don't know if its OCD, but when I get out of my truck I will subconsciously lock the driver side door, even if I'm only getting out for like 2 seconds. I then have to get my key and unlock it again. I don't even think about doing it I just do.

20. Tonight my honey asked me to put the clean dishes away. LOL It looks like a cleaning crew went to work.

She was happy I did it without tripping on the mess, I had to take a deep breath and mellow out and clean, not say anything to upset the woman.

I do think about throwing the dishwasher and all the dishes out in the driveway then haul it all to the dump. I just cant stand a messy kitchen.

After cleaning I don't want to mess it up so tonight its 2 whoppers for $5 at Burger King.