Anyone Else Have a Hard Time Making Friends at School?

Discussion in 'General' started by Drunkship, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Be yourself, be reserved, and come in at the opportune moment. Nobody likes the loud fucker who puts his two cents in on everything, or tries to be funny by being loud and grab attention.

2. Yeah I'm in the same situation except I don't hang out with anyone outside of class. I got a real chill roommate and we basically spend all our free time relaxing in our dorm. I'm at a tech school myself and literally 90% of the people here are guys, and the majority of them are immature geeks. I am not generalizing, I am going off of what I hear during my classes and during the day from my hall. All they seem to be passionate about is being even more socially awkward than me and proclaiming "epic fail" to everything they want to make fun of.

Like you I pretty much rely on my crew at home. I hope to find some stoner buddies or drinking buddies at the very least out here at school, but lately it isn't looking too good. Whatever happens, I'm not lowering my standards to hang out with a bunch of morons so I don't feel like a loser. Here's to finding new friends, real friends.:wave:

3. Just wanted to point out like 80% of college is drinking with people you dont know...i stand in crowds of people at parties and imagine myself as zach braff in the party scene in garden state, thinking like is this all there is? we're supposed to be happy now? I meet a lot of people at parties, but i never keep contact with them, maybe becuase drunk people lie, or maybe because i dont like hanging out with people who are my own age, because most people my age arent like the people on here. id prefer a bowl over a beer anyways. I guess you just have to make the best of what you have (which seems to be an eighth and a good amount of alcohol).

Oh, and also im guessing youre not 21, wait til you are, then you can go to bars and meet random people (sarcastically: boy, what an upgrade, random houses to random bars!)

4. yeah i sometimes have a hard time with my shyness. and the friends i do have don't think i'm shy, but when i am in a new situation i clam up.

5. I agree with what your sayin andrew you only need a few REAL friends instead of a huge crowd of friends cause thats when the drama and BS starts. I dont think everyones stupid but there are alot of "stupid" people out there.

6. Wait till you get a job dude, seriously you will know who your true friends are, I only have 4 or 5 but there good friends, I ofcourse know other people but I dont beileve there friends just people who you say "hey" to and chill for a couple mins to chat and catch up etc.

Dont worry everyone has bad days where your bored out of your skull and no ones picking up so your just sat around thinknig you've wasted a day but remember it isnt always like that.

Just hit some clubs talk to some peeps pick some weed up and have a good time :)

7. I dont need people around me to have fun. Almost everyone I know considers themselves bored when there by themselves sitting at home. Im the exact opposite I would rather sit around by myself at my house with some bud than chill with a bunch of people at the mall or someones house. I dont know what you mean by thinking youve wasted a day when your sitting around and no one picks up there phone. I didnt know a day could be "wasted" when you dont go out like 99% of people out there. I consider myself unique that I dont need people around me to have fun. It must really suck to have to have people around otherwise your bored.

8. pick up a guitar or a hobby or something worthwhile for your spare time

9. i think i might take up vigilantism as a hobby. i would assume a charles branson type of character (the guy from the Death Wish movies).

i've already got some sick weapons; i'll just wait in dark alley's and parking garages in seedy areas at night waiting for some men of less than reputable character to attack some poor helpless white girl.

then i'll jump out of the shadows and say something bad ass (i've got to have a cool sounding catch phrase like arnold from terminator [hasta la vista baby] or maybe that guy from that mexican soap opra that the ladies on King of the Hill watch about that priest dude that's like a mercinary that always says "vaya con dios" before he kills someone.

i can just see my local news report:
    "this just in....local police baffled as violent crimes rates plunge to zero"
    i could even leave a calling card behind like a burned roach or something.

10. Those days you are having happend to everyone.

Where you wanna hang out with some people, but everyone is busy, so you just sit around bored and think about how you are a loser. Your not everyone gets busy at the same time sometimes and we are forced to sit bored.

11. If you left a burned roach behind then the local news report would be something more like:

"Marijuana related crimes are at an all time high."

12. we'll smoke a bowl together sometime. alllllright?

13. shit dude that sucks--hey man all of us felt that way once in our lives--close friends are better than alot of friends that dont know u:smoking:

14. Well fuck, sorry guys I was pretty hammered last night. Last thing I remembered was walking back from the woods from blazing with this kid down the hall and this chick form my English class, weird!

According to my cell, my two "friends" didn't call back all night. Fuck them. Weird though, I don't feel hung over AT ALL but according to my bottle, I drank about half my handle.

I hate blacking out, my roomie said I passed out around 3 when I couldn't figure out how to plug my PC back into my monitor, haha.

15. Hmm... Well, I didn't really feel like making a new thread for the same old bullshit, so I might as well post it in my own thread.

My first week back from spring break. This week was pretty stressful. I had a 5 page essay & bibliography for Soc 103 and a 4 page essay for EngWrit 112. Mon., Wed. I have classes from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM then math again at 5:00 - 6:15. On Tues. and Thurs. I have work 8:30 AM (gotta wake up at 7:00 AM) - 3:30 and CmpSci 105 and The Lively Arts 4:00PM - 6:15 PM. And Friday I have Soc 103 and EngWrit 122 10:00 - 12:00.

The work is what kills me. It's only 2 seven hour shifts but waking up at seven is harsh!

But anyways,

Yeah... So, I am back from Spring Break. It was awesome. I got shitty every night with my friends. Just like the good old days. Whatever, so I made plans to chill with my friend tonight and drink, 'cuz I have a handle of whiskey I didn't even crank yet and another handle.

So, I call him and he ditches me to go chill with some other kids. He doesn't even invite me along. So now I'm sitting here by myself on a Friday, feeling like a loser.

So I made myself two mixed drinks of whiskey & coke. Then I rolled a joint and walked around my campus. I was buzzed & sick of my usual smoke spot. I found this overpass off the main road by the soccer field below next to my campus. It was like a storage for some golf carts. Anyways, I felt sketched out, but I smoked a J there regardless.

Came back here, and I am about to drink another mixed bevie. Do you guys things drinking by yourself is pathetic? I kind of do, but then again, it's a Friday and I am used to being drunk on a Friday.

I started IMing people from my high school that I used to be friends with back in 10th and 11th grade that I kind of lost touch with. It's always good to talk to old friends and catch up. Sorry for the rant guys, I am drunk & high and lonely.

Moral of the story I need a g/f.:wave:

16. I only have a few close friends. But a lot of aquantainces.

17. One thang you gotta remember, you can't really trust anyone. I trust my girl, and myself (sometimes) and thats all. I have people I chill wit and smoke wit and run wit. My homies. But no real, CLOSE friends who I can completely trust. Too many back stabbers in the world. Give me some Hennessy, a blunt full of kush, and a night wit my beezie and I'm good to go.