Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone Else Hate Coughing?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Nyxierawr, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Coughing spreads the smoke around your lungs making you higher

2. rarely cough when I smoke reguarly, there are times throughout the year where I'm more dry and I dont smoke as often, usually end up having a coughIng fit then xp

3. A couple of hacks is acceptable, but 15 minute hacks is gross and annoying. I have been there ( smoked with a chest cold). It's really embarrassing.

Listen Jiigibow, I don't know how, I just know why. This isn't philosophy, it's science. Clearly there's a reason I just don't know. If you can't take it for what it is, don't believe it. But I know I don't come on here just spouting off with my mouth. If I heard of it, I say it. If I'm wrong then I am but I don't usually allow myself to be spoon fed information without checking it out or questioning it. I know not to believe everything I'm told. But theres only so far you can question something. I mean short of going to a scientist or being one yourself I can't give you an answer as to why it is the way it is, but it is.

And I never insulted you, or meant to. It just seemed silly to have to give you proof of why we cough. 

5. I'll try to find a scientific source to support Nu's analysis: 

Coughing doesn't get you higher, the cough opens the gateway to allow more smoke into your pathway.  The process of inhaling gets you higher when you absorb THC, the more potent the strain, the more you will cough. 

6. #26 Wiggibow, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013

once again... entirely missed the point. I was NEVER talking about why we cough. Ever. once. You brought that up. I was asking for some form of evidence to back up your claim that the clearing out of mucus or opening of capillaries increases the body's ability to absorb THC. 
    And how is implying somebody is too naive to understand the concept of coughing not insulting their intelligence? To me that was no different than calling me an idiot; and all I was doing was asking you to back up a claim that you STILL keep sidestepping.

7. I already told you I couldn't. Did you not read my post? i said I can tell you how something happens, not why. Ill repeat, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY IT HAPPENS THAT WAY.

8. wait what? now you're just being confusing! I thought your last post was all about the "why we cough" aspect i thought you thought i was talking about, and I wanted to discuss the "why coughing makes one higher" aspect instead but It didn't seem like you understanding my initial question so i felt i had to re-explain. geeze. sorry. 

9. No, it seems to make me higher

10. k

11. I hate it man, primary reason why I'm switching to vaporizing. 

what a clusterfuck of a conversation lol 

13. you can still cough your ass off with a vape. My friend's volcano kills us. The MFLB never made me cough when i had one though. 

14. I cough 10x more from vaping than i do smoking; i dunno what it is but after almost every hit, even smaler rips, i will go into almost painful coughing fits. I can only adjust if I exclusively vape for about a week, and i mostly smoke oil so i rarely use actual flowers. I'd love to use my da buddha more often but its just so painful! 

15. yes?

16. Coughing is cool with me it helps clean out my lungs from all the years of smoking!

17. Thanks

Awesome Opossum