Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone Else Get Like This?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WHATS, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Ever since I started smoking I've had this issue. When I'm baked, I COMPLETELY lose my sense of direction. I become no longer able to recognize regular places that I've been to a million times. I also think that I keep passing the same place over and over again, and recognizing places that are actually nowhere near where I actually am. Good thing I am always high with other people, because I can't even walk around my own neighborhood without getting lost. And that's the thing, other people seem to be able to navigate around, while I never can.

Am I the only one? Is there a way to get better at walking around?

2. First time was about a year ago. I've been smoking a couple times a week for the past few months though. But before these few months I probably went like 4 or 5 months without lighting up. So you can imagine my tolerance is still quite low.

3. Man i never lost my sense of direction. Not even my first time

4. [​IMG]

But to answer your question. No, marijuana does not make me lose my sense of direction.

5. I've lost my sense of direction once..but i was really really high

6. i never forget where i am but a guy i always toke with is like that its the funniest shit ever. we will be walking somewhere and is constantly saying we are going the wrong way and stuff and when when we get where we are goin he is like ye ye this is the way i ment lol

7. hell i wish i loose all sense of direction.

8. Nah man, but that sounds like it would suck lol

9. I had it happen once. I was driving and like idiots, me and a friend had smoked two blunts on the way home. He was navigating me back because I wasn't sure how to get back from this particular persons house that he knew.

When we got close to town, he asked me if I knew where I was. I was so fucking high I hadn't even realized we were on a road I travel once or twice a week. It took me a few seconds before it hit me.

10. The thing is, with me it wasn't just once. I have never once been high without losing my sense of direction. It really is a pain in the ass.

11. bro, you get lost everytime you smoke.

seems like your incompatible with the bud.
    unless you wanna keep smoking, then you should realize its all in your head.

and lol at your troll attempt

12. Man you're a prick. Why would I make this shit up? I'm still relatively new to toking and this is truthfully how I get. Based on what I've read, everyone's different and everyone reacts differently to bud. This is what happens to me, YES, EVERY SINGLE TIME. I am not lying, I haven't once been high and not lost my ability to recognize notable locations.

If you can't help me deal with this or contribute to this general topic, get the fuck out of the thread.

13. happened my first time thought this building was on the other side of the road
    thats all I got

14. Is it like what happens to me sometimes?

Whenever I'm passenger I usually get the "skips" (what I call them), which is where I don't pay attention for so long that when I look up I'm like wtf I get here. Only sometimes I look up, focus in, and have no fucking clue where I am. When really I'm like in my neighborhood or something..

That kinda what happens to you?

15. Has only happened to me once and I was SUPER baked. We were in the car and after a few minutes of driving I was like where the fuck am I so I started looking around and I live in the suburbs so everything looks the same haha. Damn cookie cutter neighborhoods they trip me out

16. lol. wow, the hostility.
    so what happens if you smoke at home or your back yard or some shit.. what happens?
    in your room.. do you feel like you are somewhere lost in the universe?

but if i was you, i wouldnt be smoking if i got lost in the universe everytime i toekd

17. Look man, I just don't like to be wrongfully accused of trolling.

No I don't get like that. I just can't recognize general areas and locations. I can remember specific places like when I'm inside my house. I know where I am. But when I'm walking around the town, I forget how to get places or where I even came from. It's kind of hard to explain.

18. Yes, I get what you're saying and yes, I get that way too. I am personally someone with a very good sense of direction, to the point that you can bring me somewhere I've never been before and I can bring you back a different way. When I smoke, however, I feel like that little part of my subconscious that records every move I make gets turned off, and leads me to disconnect the place I am from the rest of the universe. Personally I don't see it as a problem. Rather, I find it one of my favorite effects of smoking. And, as with most other effects, it can be almost completely eliminated by thinking about it enough.

19. Yeah!! I wouldn't say losing my sense of direction but even familiar places seem "new" and streets seem longer and it seems like uve never been there before!! And the recognizing places as other places, I like it! Makes driving an adventure :)

20. sounds like a typical douche, my bro always trips out and acts way funkier than i've seen other do. I usually just sit back relax and laugh with whoever i'm with, truly effects everyone differently, another friend just straight passes out