Anyone else gained alot of weight after they started smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by gangsterboimatt, Dec 2, 2015.

1. I started smoking everyday a few months ago, before that I would smoke occasionally on weekends or with friends (maybe once every second week) and until I started smoking daily I never noticed any difference, I was 6'0 125 pounds before I started smoking daily and I hopped on the scales for the first time in probably half a year yesterday and I weighed 170 pounds, I think the reason is because after I smoke weed I get the munchies really badly, for example a few days ago I smoked a 3g blunt with one of my friends, afterwards we went and got food and I ended up eating 2 whole pizzas and a combo at maccas, I do this almost every time I get stoned and its understandable why Ive gained this much weight if Im eating like that every single day, the weird part is Im not fat at all even after gaining so much weight, I can still see my abs and don't have a fat face at all

2. Just kidding. This is one of the reasons I only smoke before bed. I could eat 4000 calories a day if I was baked most of the time

3. It really just comes from your choice of what you eat during the munchies. Try eating healthier foods when your stomach gets a hankering, of course I'm not saying you should never eat junk food at all there is nothing wrong with indulging yourself once and a while but try to stick with healthy foods for the most part.

4. Some studies have actually shown that stoners are, on average, skinnier than non-stoners.

Can't remember where I saw it, too lazy to Google .. lol

I guess it just goes to show that, if anything - there's no difference in weight between smokers and non-smokers.

Maybe it's because a lot of overweight people use food as a means of dealing with emotional struggles.. which fails to relieve the stress/depression, thus causing a vicious circle.. whereas stoners just eat food because, well... it tastes absolutely great.

Then again, everybody is different.

5. I lost over 100 pounds smoking/eating weed several times a day. Was just a matter of choosing what I ate, like someone else said, and I was doing a diet thing. Ate a snack thing every 3 hours, and one real meal. So it was easy, because you were never really hungry, because of eating so often.

But I've also done the other way, where I eat like an emaciated person who stumbled upon a mountain of food.

6. wow you were super sick before u gained weight then!

weed helped me go from 90lbs to 120lbs lol :) but i don't smoke atm so i struggle to eat enough..

7. I had that happen as well. I went from being at the gym twice a day to smoking all day and lost all muscle and got really fat. But like everyone else says, just watch what you eat. Plus I find if I eat a something like a melon mix instead of burgers I feel high longer, I don't feel weighed down. It's nice. Just hard to make the change lol.

8. #9 juicyjayross, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
    Fat maybe not.. Out of shape? Yeah u should start going to the gym. Its great when you work out high and can use weed as a determination factor. Simple smoke first, eat anything, go to gym get jacked and get toned, and it feels amazing afterwards