Anyone else feel completely enraged

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Deleted member 281310, Sep 1, 2017.

1. As i try to stop using drugs i realize that they're so much more reliable than people. maybe it's me or is it the way im looking at it?

2. You sound like an addict..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I get what you're saying. All of these people talking about sober living get on my nerves. For some people, life is just more bearable with some sort of "medication". I'm like that. What's so damn great about being completely sober? Life is miserable. Certain things make it less miserable. Why can't the people who need substances just be allowed to have the thing that makes them feel good. I know a LOT of "addicts" who are very productive, talented people when they have whatever it is they need to feel good. Most of them would go to work and be productive members of society if they were just allowed to buy their "meds" and use them and go on with life. Too many people worried about what other people are putting in their bodies. It's your life and your body, you should be allowed to do with them what you want.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. While I wouldnt want to be an addict, especially not with something like drink or H, definitely agree that sobriety is overrated. We fully accept that we can ingest foods for the effect they have on us, or spend hours exercising, but there's real stigma and fear of altering consciousness through drugs. Some of the most profound experiences Ive ever had were had under the influence of cannabis or alcohol. In terms of cannabis the substance is capable of making everyday boring things way more interesting. It's a gift from nature.

• Like Like x 2
  5. You live one time, it's yours to choose. I smoke pot everyday...but I'm also a CPA and combat war vet. Remember the history of your life is the one you make. Trends, fads, and even laws fade over time. Live at peace with your soul and you can't go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Good point. You only live once. I do what I want, laws be damned. As long as I'm not hurting others, what does it matter. The problem is, a lot of people don't think that way and a lot of those same people are the ones "in charge". They make the laws based on old prejudiced ideas and myths that usually aren't true. Look at how the federal cannabis laws are.... "No medicinal value whatsoever"... WTF??? We all know that's not true.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thats my attitude as well. Nevermind legality and regulation and all that crap. I dont recognise the right for a state to tell me what plants I can and cannot consume. We shouldnt, and I wont, beg for the right to do something. Im going to do it anyway. Us smoking cannabis harms nobody and for most of us it makes our lives better, not worse.

In the UK the government has an infuriatingly dismissive attitude towards cannabis and drugs generally. They talk all kinds of crap about about harm reduction and public health; the reality is most of these drugs have been around a lot longer then these silly laws and, while I abhor things like H and coke, in their pure forms they can be consumed more safely and responsibly.

• Like Like x 1