Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone afraid of becoming Shizo from weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by skatealex2, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Umm, no, I don't.

2. oh ok, you must've taken english in a 3rd world country. maybe you should chill and not be a spelling pig we have enough pigs as it is

3. Sorry, but schizo is a commonly accepted term, and the one that both of them were attempting to spell.

And I was showing the guy he probably shouldn't be a "spelling pig" when he can't even spell the term correctly. I don't really give a shit about spelling.

4. im just f**king around:D

5. as long as you know you're talking to yourself...and hey InnerPeace, quit fucking around. this is a serious medical thread. someone's sanity is in the balance. fucking shizo.

6. ha. exactly.
    If only weed were legal, I was schizophrenic and loaded.

if only, if only...

7. I have depressive tendencies and bud seems to enhance it. But, it also lets me do things that I enjoy so I end up winning in the end. Depression hurts when it hits you though. Like your whole body hurts and mind just wants to die. It's real nomatter what anybody says.

Anyway, I don't think bud brings out things that aren't there to begin with. If you're not born with those genetics, bud can't magically create them. It doesn't cause permanent changes in the brain.

OTOH, many synthetic drugs can permanently warp the brain. I've seen a girl talking to a wall because her brain was fried from overdoing ecstasy mixed with whatever else they cut it with. She was gifted and perfectly "normal" before. She sits in the dark at her parent's most of the day now talking to herself and it's so f'd up.

8. How do you know that the ecstasy (or some other event or variable) didn't just trigger an underlying condition?

I mean, I get you; drugs can have those profound effects, even common recreational drugs. I'm just curious.

9. That's what the doctors said about her condition. Her brain was pretty much fried and she needed to take meds just to not have seizures. And when she is conscious, she doesn't make much sense.

It was a toxic dose over a very long time. She was binging on it for a while.

I know her parents and feel bad since she was an only child. They hate most of her other friends but think I don't do anything since I don't drink around them.

10. Oh wow, sorry to hear about it.

That's really too bad.

11. #51 MMJNoob, Aug 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2008
    According to Google, Shizo is some sort of band/music genre. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. InnerPeace is correct, schizophrenic is the proper term. Abbreviation schizo is common slang.

As far as spelling pigs, those are folks who refuse or haven't lrnd2 use spell-check. Hooked on phonics ftl, when it comes to medical terminology. Occasional typos are straw-men, especially when these aren't even 'real words.'

I'm with 'captain no bullshit science reality' here:
    Science says marijuana does not cause schizophrenia or acute psychotic episodes. It can 'bring it out' or make symptoms worse. Marijuana can cause permanent structural brain changes in people who start young. Not changes that would 'cause' these disorders though.

Schizophrenia in general usually manifests in the teenage years and sometimes early 20s. If you're 25ish, I'd feel pretty safe from the 'schizos.'

As a general statement, this is delusional, IMO. But religious beliefs often are.

Give 'em a break. It was posted in a recreational topic, not medical or science after all...

12. Here's one perspective no one has seem to present here. I happen to be an individual with a mental illness. Bi-polar with schizophrenic tendencies. The tendencies things comes from moments of very high euphoric phases that result in dillusional episodes. I had early onset, age 16. I was told by the diagnosing doctor after my first episode, that I brought to the surface an illness which was already present, and that although I had brought it out earlier then it normally may have come out, it was going to happen regardless. And to be honest, I highly doubt marijuana did any of that, I did use acid a few times, maybe 6-8 times, and I attribute the majority of my current issues to that. Much more intense drug, and much more negative effects. At times it still feels like I'm tripping. Marijuana for me today is at very low controlled doses, and 99% medicinally. I use it to combat the side effects from the majority of medications I take to control my mood and grip with reality. Anti-psychotics and mood stabilizers etc. They cause things for me like nightmares, restless legs, fatigue, insomnia etc. And small doses of marijuana combat those better then any other drug they've given me. Funny thing is, you get pills to fix side effects of other pills. And I always wonder *what about the side effects of that fucking pill??* Anywho, learn and live kiddies, stay away from hard drugs. That's my two cents.

13. Shit im always crazy no sympaty no empathy. Trees dont change that it just keeps that "fuck it" in your head. But I need the herb when some crazy shit is just too much to handle, makes everything ok

14. Manic episodes, even for a non-schizoid subtype of bi-polar involve psychotic episodes. I agree, LSD would be far more likely than marijuana to trigger this. Ecstacy is good for triggering manic episodes. I imagine some other hard drugs. Don't know much about the harder drugs. I'm with the ninja on that one...hard drugs are bad...m'kay?

15. I trip lsd once in a blue moon too. plan on having my 3rd trip this week and I think lsd has made my marijuana highs way trippier. there's a part of me that wonders if lsd can make your mind weaker, thus leading constant marijuana use unhealthy for your brain but maybe I'm overanalyzing. Anyway I've decided to start toking on more of an every other day basis as opposed to daily. (If I can manage it) my only problem with weed is that it makes my sleeping habits really confusing but I guess I'll start coming down before I go to sleep and try to sober sleep even on toking days.

bud tends to make me depressed sometimes tho, not in a way that I don't enj0y it but kind of numbed of feelings, but that's part of the game I guess......

16. mother fucker what you just said? you sane as h*ll just carry with you an empty head like your clip when i come creepin b*tch neva slip

17. I know what you mean man. Its blows, but its interesting

18. huh? translation plz.

19. :rolleyes:

20. :eek::smoking: