Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anyone afraid of becoming Shizo from weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by skatealex2, Aug 22, 2008.

1. guess those firecrackers from last night are just getting to my head. if weed caused serious mental issues im sure the government would shove it in everyones faces. ;)

2. talking to yourself is fine, when you talk back to yourself, then u have a problem

3. ha, I wouldn't be too worried. Although I have a ex aquaintance who just ate some mushies and went for a trip and just never came back.

I mean seriously he thinks in such abstract ways and his social skills just plummeted. He was best friends with my best friends brother and he was always cool when I was a freshman and he was a senior, thats why I actually do get a little hesitant to partake in mushies too often.

4. all i can say is it wouldn't HURT to cut back.

5. I assume you mean Skitzo and not Shizo?

Anyway...NO.

6. smoke a few bowls then think about it.

having friends that you could always count on being there would be awesome.
    you would never have to smoke them up,
    but could have some of the deepest stupidest stoned conversations in the world with them.

how awesome would that be?
    :bongin:

7. no. i am . not.

8. I have a long family history Of mental health problems including schizophrenia. I've told that I will in most likelyhood expierence these later in life anyways, so may as well toke up:p

9. exactly. I say that for two posts. It is coming anyway, so what is the point?

I come from a very very similar background, but have had loads of tests performed on me all the way through my teens so I am almost completely cleared of all my hereditary dispositions, including schizophrenia. My only worry right now is M.S., and I pass the one eye closed test with flying colors (ha the irony of the "flying colors" for anyone who knows what I am talking about).

10. Couldn't be fucked reading two pages of replying so I'll just add,you know what schizophrenia is right? It's not talking to yourself, it's seeing or hearing things that aren't there. Don't get it confused with multiple personality disorder either. So talking to yourself, unless you're actually talking to another voice in your head, isn't schizophrenia.

11. Hahah yeah would be cool until they started telling you to cut your neighbours head off aye.

12. Even if you become schizophrenic you were already going to be when you get older.

13. haha......... nothing even close to it

14. paradise in a paragraph :hippie:

15. lol i cant account for everyone else but the paranoia only happened for me in my early smoking career. So did the extreme laziness. what you need to do is just smoke a lot more until you become used to it and you'll enjoy it more. Last time i had a panic attack was when i smoked a spliff in a'dam after a nine day break teehee

16. I have been toking 1 to maybe 3 times a day for about 6 months now and I'm back in school now and have a fpretty easy time learning and remembering shit. I've been smoking for about 3 years total. Hasnt really effected me.. at all

if intellectuality is what you're talking about..

17. hell yea, I personally feel alittle crazy sometimes off the reefa. but thats usually in a evil sorta way. its hard to explain. I think you'll have a better shot at wearing a straight jacket with lsd

ps to answer your question. I think its possible for children to at most fuck up there heads pretty good with weed. When I first started smoking I couldnt handle the highs. Now its like whateva, smoke here drink here Im good:cool:

18. Dude, there are studies at both ends of the poll, marijuana has so many studies that tell you all kinds of different things. The biggest truth in it all, to me at least is what I've seen from my family that smoked and it never did anything bad to them, even very long term. Not to say other drugs didn't, mainly pharms, pharms raped my family.

Cannabis > all

I trurly believe, God really put it here to help. If you're an athiest, well then I would believe it's more evolved than anything else in the world.

19. I assume you mean Schizo and not Skitzo?

20. I assume you mean schizophrenic