Anybody use dry nutes (espoma)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LankySwag, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Looking through they have some big bloom, vigor growth, and root growth dry nutes (all organic)

They safe for usage? (outdoors)

2. I'm using happy frog fruit and flower from FF

3. I see Dr Earth also has a granular nute (bud and bloom) looks good, but i need some advice first

4. I've read many good reviews of Espoma on here and other similar forums. Not many negative opinions on them. They are made from organic sources (bone & blood meals, manure, etc.).

5. [quote name='"brotherjericho"']I've read many good reviews of Espoma on here and other similar forums. Not many negative opinions on them. They are made from organic sources (bone & blood meals, manure, etc.).[/quote]

Good to hear

Id much rather use the fox farm trio, but the local store doesnt have it :/ (maybe they'll get it in later)

Might have to go to home depot :eek:

6. #6 brotherjericho, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
    Follow the directions on the bag, from what I understand it works out pretty well. I was going to use the Espoma in my homemade soil mix, but I found that Jobes Organics was very similar and cheaper. No extensive use here, but I did use the general version (4-4-4) for my mix and the first plant I used it for has been doing very well. Jobes also has mycorrhizae in their ferts, like the Bio Tone from Espoma.

EDIT: Not advertising them since I just started using, but if you want to look, http://www.easygardener.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=253 . As I said, they tend to be cheaper than Espoma and the ingredient list is impressive for the price imho.

7. Solid thanks.

You like Psych?

8. ^^ Yes, though the latest season is not as good as the past imo.

The Jobes granular ferts are not really "granular" like you might expect (think the chemical varieties). Very small granules, some a little larger than grains of sand.

9. [quote name='"brotherjericho"']^^ Yes, though the latest season is not as good as the past imo.

The Jobes granular ferts are not really "granular" like you might expect (think the chemical varieties). Very small granules, some a little larger than grains of sand.[/quote]

Store doesn't have them, only has espoma, mikes, and dr earth.

And yea that's true

10. Want to bring this back up; I started using Jobe's Fruit and Vegetable fert (2-7-4) amended with others of course, but it lists a nice size of bacteria I thought would be good. I'm slowly trying to switch to full organic (I'll be composting everything in a few months; no bagged stuff). Was wondering if that jobe's you used turned out ok when all said and done?

11. yes jobe's works nice. I would absolutely mix 2 cups jobe's per CF (7.4 gallons) of COMPOST BASED soil and let it sit for a few weeks before planting. If you're going to add a granular organic fertilizer to soil without compost (soil-less) or apply bottled nutrients to the grow, there's next to no point in adding this fertilizer. Growing with granular ferts requires good amounts of microbes and LITFA.

12. what are best happy frogs to use? I was gonna get the FF trio and or FFOF but I have a lot of compost and i was gonna add some alfalfa, kelp, and manure to that..do you think that will be enough still might use FFOF with perlite vermi and peat along with a whole fish and soil as my medium in the ground
    home depot lowes and walmart all have most the good stuff and yo ucan always order online

13. Other then a hydro store theres no store thats gonna carry FoxFarms Advanced Nutes etc. You have to mail order it. Amazon.com is a good place. If you live in a big city you have a hydro store even if you dont know about it.

14. I know this threads been dead awhile, but hopefully I get an answer back. On the back of my Jobes it says, for containers to add 1/2c. per 5 gallons of soil, basically 3/4c. per cubic foot. Is this a new recipe? Seems like your call for 2 cup is almost 3x the amount they direct. Am I missing something? Also, does it HAVE to cook for a couple weeks? If so, why don't they put that in the directions?

15. Excellent guide, I suggest reading it to answer your second question.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

16. Thank for the quick response. I believe I've run across that before, nice to read again thought. It appears the fertilizer I'm using might be slighty stronger (1/2c per 5gal.) than the Epsoma he uses (1.25c per 8qt.), I'll just have to watch it.

17. The cooking starts when you add moisture to the mix and the bacteria get going breaking things down. It gets hot, thus the 'cooking' part. It's needed to break down your amendments into usable plant food, and is recommended.