anybody here a trucker?

Discussion in 'General' started by dezz, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Hauling a 53 footer cross states?

I'm just curious on what the job is like and the pay. I'm interesting in becoming one.

2. The pay is not what it used to be but it's still good depending if you have your own truck n work for yourself. Its a really good paying job considering you don't really need to have a education. I'm sure you have to go to school for maybe a month maybe more depends on the state...its like 3k and up. Its great if you dont have a wife or kids.

3. My Dad used to be.

Don't expect jack shit for the first year-year and a half.

4. Nope but I build trailers

5. there's a pretty high demand for truckers, and from what i understand it's pretty easy to get qualified. i've seen many potential employers offering to pay your way through the school.

but i can't imagine it would be a great job if you still want to smoke regularly. i believe most truckers get frequent drug tests, but i'm really just guessing. of course, your job should be a priority over weed--it's just something to consider.

6. One of my best friends is a mother trucker. The pay is great, but he is almost never home. Sucks especially for him because he has 3 young daughters. But he loves being on the road all over the states. Has seen a lot of crazy shit.

7. [quote name='"fluffykush"']One of my best friends is a mother trucker. The pay is great, but he is almost never home. Sucks especially for him because he has 3 young daughters. But he loves being on the road all over the states. Has seen a lot of crazy shit.[/quote]

Yeah I work at a warehouse and they tell me some crazy ass stories of truck being high jacked and shit.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K_v8qQb3og]Trailer Park Boys - The Best of Ray - YouTube[/ame]

The fuckin' way of the road.

9. Any of you guys remember that movie were Silvester Stallone is a truck driver and he Enters a arm wrestling tournament? That's movie was pretty badass.