Anybody here a freemason?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by drsnuggles, Oct 26, 2009.

1. About a year or so ago I embarked upon a spiritual journey. I wont bother giving too many details, but it has been a very synchronistic path.

Needless to say, I came across a lot of valid information, and it always seems to run back to the Freemasons and other occultic groups.

I did as much researching as I could. But when you're dealing with the internet, on a subject which guards its secrets as well as the masons, there is only so far you can go before hitting a wall. There are a lot of Anti-Masons on the internet, and Freemasonry tends to be demonized on the internet (i wont speculate whether it is deserved or not).

I too have my own concerns (ie: influential men who are/were freemasons that are pushing policies and the like that i disagree with completely.) with freemasonry. I understand where the anti-mason sentiment comes from. I just want to be clear, I am not omitting these valid points.

But It seems to me that the only way to know for certain is to get the information straight from the source. So, I arranged a meeting with a past-grand-master of the grand lodge of my province. We talked about Masonry for a good 2 hours and it was insightful, but being a mason, I dont think he was completely able to answer my questions in their totality and to the extent which I had hoped.

One of the 'rules' of masonry is that one must adhere to the rules of his government. This means I would have to commit somewhere in the vicinity of 6-12 months (Going from entered apprentice to a master mason, receiving the first 3 degree of the blue lodge) without smoking marijuana. This is a major conflict of my personal beliefs.

I am willing to commit to giving it up, but I will need to know first of all that masonry has the answers I am looking for. Its a difficult call.

Is anyone here on GC a mason? I would understand if you choose not to post in this thread, and would also appreciate any PMs on the subject.
    If you're not a mason, what is your understanding of this mysterious group? Do you know anyone who is a mason? Any suggestions as towards my situation?

(P.S. If this post seemed scatter-brained, its for good reason. Got called in to do the backshift 3 hours before the shift started. So, naturally, I'm tired as shit and pretty out of it)

DrSnuggles, back from the dead.

<3 to all.

2. It's early so I apologize if I've read this wrong, but are you really considering becoming a Mason just to find out what it means to be a Mason?
    I mean, yeah I'm curious. I'd love to know what goes on behind those closed doors..
    BUT
    One must adhere to his government? ewww.. I don't like the sound of that.
    And correct me if I'm wrong, but once you are a mason, there is no turning back is there?

3. its like bob the builder but big scale and you make city halls and shit. theres a PC game on it.no im kidding.

4. #4 drsnuggles, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    Its not that I want to see what goes on in a lodge, per say.

My path has led me to a place where I believe there is something more at play in our universe, our lives, than what is visible.

It seems like the only people who have a grasp of this are those that have studied the ancient mystery schools and their teachings. If I could truly learn the true nature of the universe, god, and humanity as a whole, I'm thinking that might be worth making this one concession.

I believe the rule is in place because they want honorable trustworthy men among their ranks. One that is apt to break these rules could jeopardize the entire fraternity.

That being said, it's a hard call -- which Is why I've posted this.

There are definitely pros and cons to this situation; I'm just looking for some more insight.

EDIT:

A brother who is in good standing can demit, which means he has no connection to the lodges whatsoever anymore. But the master that I saw said something along the lines of "But you never really leave that path." I know this sounds odd, but in Freemasony you continually seek "Further light in masonry". "Light" is a synonym for knowledge. Spiritual Knowledge. "Lights" are constantly referred to within Kabbalah (Which freemasonry, from most sources, seems to borrow a lot from) which is the science of nature and god.

During the Master Mason's Ceremony you are "Raised", as their W.Master Hiram Abiff was in their central legend. Now, no mason will openly say this, but from my own studying on the subjects it seems to me that the raising is the 'resurrection' (the same story of Jesus, Horus, and all the other resurrected messiahs) of spiritual intuition. So once that spiritual intuition is raised, or resurrected, one can begin to find this spiritual light, spiritual knowledge that pertains only to the individual.

I believe this is what he meant when he said "No one really leave the path".

5. my dad WAS a free mason at one point. He won't tell me or my mom what went on behind closed doors. Although he did leave willingly on his own....

6. Wow, I love your post and I have a lot to say about this subject.

Let me start out by saying that I am a Christian. I do not want to offend you. I don't want to offend anyone who has family involved in the Freemasons. I have my own opinions based on my own research and I want to share them with you.

I am not accusing any individual of anything. I'm not accusing any person of anything. I am just going to point out that the Bible has much to say about freemasonry, mysticism, astrology, secret societies, the occult, world government and Lucifer worship and I am familiar with the Bible.

I have been researching freemasonry myself and I have come to a stark conclusion that it is rooted in the worst kind of evil and any involvement with it would be the worst spiritual decision you could make.

And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand. - Dan 8:25

I have been exposing what I feel is the kingdom of Anti-Christ here on GC for some time now and I can tell you that Freemasonry is at the very heart of it.

The occult revival of the 20th century can be directly attributed to Freemasonry and its peripheral entourage of acolytes, Theosophy, Satanism, the New Age Movement, Scientology, Black Magic, Sex Magic and Wicca.

According to Albert Pike, Manley P. Hall, Madame Blavatsky, Aleister Crowley and others, Lucifer worship is at the heart of all these secret societies and occult movements. As strange as it may sound to your ears these people actually believe the very same lie from the garden of eden which is that man is evolving in to his own god under the guidance of Lucifer.

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. - Gen 3:5

All these forces along with many other players have a single purpose which is a New World Order; a single world government which will not be elected, which will rule the planet in absolute social, political, economic control, and enforce a Luciferian pantheistic religion upon the entire planet.

We can see these Luciferian occult forces at work in microsom with in our society such as in the Hip-Hop industry. I have been detailing all this in thread after thread.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeREN_rwnVA]YouTube - Professor Griff discussing occult rituals in hip hop part 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBjOs-egFMs]YouTube - Mason - Shriner claims to be Lucifer[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X93mUftxCIw]YouTube - New Age Antichrist Kingdom - Here Now[/ame]

Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

Isa 28:16-18

The New Age Initiation

THE LUCIFERIC INITIATION

7. Thank you for your post.

See, for me, this is where things tend to get blurry.
    I've read/seen plenty of the "Masonic-Luciferian" connection. I have a different thoery, so hear me out.

As far as I can tell the Satan to Lucifer jump is a big one. I recall Lucifer very rarely being refereed to as Lucifer. Wasn't it first in Dante's divine comedy that the connection between Lucifer and Satan.

Masonry, and the mystery schools such as Kabbalah, believe in the premise "As above, so below" meaning that everything is a microcosm of the macrocosm. We are a reflection of the heavens, our cells are a reflection of us, etc.
    Needless to say, the mystery schools deal with astrology and cosmology, the planets, the stars, and the heavens.

In astrology, Venus is Lucifer. The "Morning Star", the "Light bearer". This is entirely just a hunch, but possibly the spiritual energy that comes from the planet Venus.

Good and Evil is entirely a subjective thing. If there was a gigantic landslide which took out a major road, and homes and life were devastated: Is that good or bad?
    Obviously the loss of property, and more importantly, life would be seen as a "Bad" thing.
    But if you're one of the guys who is commissioned to rebuild those home and roads, maybe you see it a different way. The loss of life is surely terrible, but maybe now you see how new futures can be created through this process and helps you, your family, and the economy of the surrounding areas. It might even create a crisis where humanity would band together to help out it's neighbors.

The masons use tiled floors of white and black. This represents the integration of Light and Dark, of Good and Evil.

It is for these reasons that I feel freemasonry supplies a toolset. A toolset which allows one to understand the nature of reality and to better harness it. Possibly why you see so many freemason's with 'sucessful' lives.

I believe after that you can choose which path you are destined to. This may be aided by joining the adjacent bodies of freemasonry , ie: Scottish Rite, York rite, Skull and Bones, etc etc...

I'm beginning to believe that freemasonry is the prerequisite. It is the foundation of this knowledge, and that after you have an understanding of these basic principles and skills, that you may continue your journey in whichever way you wish to live your life.

And, I was raised a roman catholic. I no longer believe in that organization. Which is why I am hesitant taking warnings from an institution which has been wholly corrupt as Christianity. (Not the morals, or the path of Jesus that one should emulate). Just look at all the molestation charges, the endless wars over centuries, the sale of 'indulgences'...

The ONLY way to 100% completely know what the actual story is, is to find out.

But thank you so much for your thoughts on the matter! Hopefully this will spark others to as well.

8. I wanna be a Freemason :p

I was just looking at a list of them on Wikipedia the other day. There's some Goofy motherfuckers on there.

John Wayne...

Steve Wozniak (themotherfucking WOZ is a Mason)

Dave Thomas (Wendy's founder)

The guy who voiced Bugs Bunny...

Due to the latter two being Masons, I firmly believe they ARE trying to take over the world; By corrupting the minds of our youth with one of the funniest cartoon characters ever, and corrupting our stomachs with oh-so-delicious non-nutritious waste.

:D

9. #9 prankz24, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    my dad is, he wants me to join too when i get older. my dad can never speak of what they do in the lodge. i've asked him a coulple times,no answer. but they do a lot of charity work in the new lodge my dad goes to now.like helpin kids go to school n shit like that.idk if its satanic or not, my dad mentioned the church doesnt like em. but masons have to believe in god. so that doesnt make that much sense

oh,its not that easy to join. you have to memorize a book written in code.

10. What do you actually have to do to become a member ? Crazy initiation shit like college hazing ritual-ish things? Sounds interesting...do they only allow the elite, prestigious people in that have money and can contribute largely to their charities, lodges, etc with monetary funds?

11. I dont know much about them, but you would only get a taste of what the Masons were really about. Everything that is Mason is a highly guarded secret, and only the Elite Masons know the true secrets of what they are, and what they are trying to do. But if you are only seeking to find out their secret rituals then you can find that out.

12. i've met a few masons. the way it seems like it works is like a hierarchy. lots of very low ranking members who will probably never learn any real secrets who support higher ranking members who go on to influence politics and shape society. i have a feeling that the true secrets are kept apart from freemasonry and freemasonry itself is used to find people who will be recognized as gifted or somehow special and quickly climb the ranks into other more secret societies of people who i assume are interested in the supernatural. people with money seem to be welcome though i assume that money will only get you so far.

every freemason i've met seemed to be clueless. i once gave a tour to a group of freemasons back when i had no idea what they were, and when i asked their group leader what it meant to be a freemason, he only said that they are a group of people who take good men and make them better.

13. ive been researching these topics my whole life and i agree wiht everything maxrule says 100%.

by becoming a mason, you are pretty much doing all the grunt work of the elites.

you can find a lot of 33 degree freemason interviews like one in perticular, leo zagami: he was a 33rd degree mastermason and a europen illuminati grandmaster.

he exposes alot of what tehre doing at the tops of these secret orginization in this interview - savethemales.ca - Illuminati Rebel Issues Dire Warning (Encore)

i wouldnt agree on joining these masons but i would suggets you meditate and really find yourself within, good luck with your journey.

14. My grandfather was a freemason, he's dead now, but from what my mum tells me they just help out with the community building stuff & whatnot.

15. #15 MelT, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
    My Mother was one of the few Master Masons, and head of her Lodge. I helped school her in its lore as she rose through the ranks (thus learning a fair bit about it along the way myself) and was privvy to the things that were done there. Secretive, to a degree, but the rituals are not how they're portrayed here as something dark and interconnected with magical forces. Certainly believing in God plays a part, but you'll find that the secrecy around Freemasonry is for reason only, it's a mutually beneficial society where helping Brother Masons and others in the community - anonymously - is the order of the day. Think of it more like a way of getting ahead in business than a way of travelling a spiritual path, you'll find none of that in today's Lodges, if it ever existed at all. I would recommend joining, it sounds cynical, but it is a good way of helping yourself and others.

MelT

16. well, if you get a med card, then you're legally able to smoke.

17. I come from a long line of Masons. Grandfather and great-grandfather on my mother's side were both Shriners. My mom's mother was also very involved, although I forget what her title was.. something "star"

18. That sounds like Taoism, which I've read a bit about, you should check it out. It's one of the (one) religions I don't call bullshit on.

19. Not me; I play for the other team. :wave:

[​IMG]

20. The Freemasons are different a single sect. There are many Masonic organizations that are completely separate from the Freemasons. My grandfather was a Freemason and believe me when I say he had no secret plot.

Skull and Bones and those types of groups are oft heir own entity.