Anybody Ever Live With Friends?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sir Catbread, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Ive wanted to move out and rent a place with a friend or two for awhile. Anyone have any experience with living with friends? How'd that situation turn out for you? Are there any do's or donts? Any important rules you made while living together?

2. It's fine, right up until the time it isn't...

In all reality, if it's someone you talk about anything with, and fight with from time to time...like a drinking buddy, it should be ok!

3. Yea me and my roommate get along flawlessly. Dunno if the stars aligned or what but having some one essentially the exact same age as you Is nice.

4. #4 BuffetCrayfish3, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
    I live with my best friend, his girlfriend, and their newly born baby (moved in about 3 months before the babby, now he's 2 1/2 months) and its amazing. Then again we're all mostly the same person, laid back with each other and we haven't had any problems. They even insisted on my girlfriend moving in and its been the 5 of us for a while now. My advice is to move in with your friends who are like family. My best friend is a brother to me so it works out.

Edit: Do's; definitely do the chores you're most comfortable with. If you both like the same chore then do it together. Remember that you guys are friends. Have fun, but keep your priorities in check. Also save up as much money as possible! It sounds like it goes without saying but once you get out of your parents and have a vacabt space of your own its easy to get carried away with spending.

Don'ts; Don't get mad over trivial things like chores or how things should get done or put up. Just do it and keep your mouth shut because housework doesn't take long no matter how you do it and honestly its a small part of living together.

Sorry this was super long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. No problem man. Thanks for the answers.

6. I lived with a friend in college, it didn't go well. But then again we should have figured out before we moved in that we weren't compatible.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. Depends, is it a friend or a side friend

Omega369

8. having room mates is most of the time better then being alone... soo go for it and choose the ppl wisely.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Choose your friends wisely.

If possible, look at their current bedroom, it's a preview of what's to be.

10. I have a few people in mind, all of which are brothers to me cause I've known 'em since either elementary or early middle school. I feel pretty good about this now. I just have to be cautious with my money.

11. Yes and he's no longer my friend.bad idea. You can see to much of someone, and end up resenting them.

12. It all depends on the personalities involved.
    My best friend moved up from out of state a few years ago. He moved in with my wife and I and stayed with us for about 9 months while he house hunted. I actually left for a one month military deployment the day he moved in, so it was cool that my wife had some reliable help while I was gone. He is like a brother to me so there was never really any problems. It did take some adjusting, but I was glad to help him out.