Anybody else addicted to Chinese Food?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Smoked All Dat, Sep 27, 2010.

1. The best kept secret is sizzling rice soup.....i will never eat chineese w/o eating it,, you will not be disappointed

2. Sizzling Rice Soup?!

Sounds delicious! Describe it for me pls?

:smoke:

3. ive been down with the rice soup and the chinese donut thing to dip since i was born :cool:mine never sizzled though explain

4. sweet & sour chicken
    crab/cheese puffs whatever they are
    wonton soup

straight up crave that shit all the time.

5. The Peking Duck is my favorite.

You take a duck, defeather it, and paint it with thick sauce, and grill it until the skin becomes crisp.

And they remove the crisp skin and serve it with thin bread and sticks of cucumber and spring onions. Of course there is the sauce. The 'special' sauce that makes each restaurant different.

You take the thin bread which is round... like rotti bread.

And you put the piece of duck skin on the bread, place a stick of cucumber and spring onion in the middle, and you spread a tea spoonful of that black special sauce.

The sauce is thick in texture... very gravy. It tastes sweet.

Once you've done all that, you roll it.... like you would roll a joint....

One of the reason why I like Peking Duck so much...

And then you eat it.

You'll be first greeted by the sweetness of the sauce, followed by the unique aroma from the duck skin... and the crunchiness of the crispy skin... mixed with water from the vegitables... add to that, the bread.... oh yeah the bread...

I would say the crispiness of the skin, the quality of the bread, and the uniqueness of the black special sauce is what makes a good Peking Duck.

Of course there are MUCH more, but in general, I would say that covered Peking Duck pretty much...

6. Crab Rangoons. :metal:

7. It has sizzling rice thaty sizzles over a chicken, shrimp veggies in chicken broth..i load it up with soy sauce ,,,,,make u slap yo momma

8. wtf chinaman place do you go to that has fried pigeons and shark soup!?!??! erverywhere has the duck, but i donno about that pigeon and shark soup thing lol. everytime i see this thread i get so hungry...like i said before i wish it wasnt so freakin expensive, like 5 dollars or below would be AMAZING

9. The chinaman place near my house. Actually it's all over the city. Bangkok.

5 dollars???

What are you talking about??

If you want a real nice Chinameal, prepare to pay at least 50 bucks per person.

10. I enjoy the occasional chinese food, but it's so damn expensive that I don't get it too often. I love the chow foon noodles with the beef oh hell yeah. General tso's chicken is also good stuff.

11. Majority of the thread is talking about american chinese food, not actual chinese food.

12. oh your a Bangkokian, that explains a lot. Not over here, 25 bucks you can get a huge, huge chinaman meal. chinaaamannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

13. Yeah but the majority of people in this thread are from the US so that's to be expected. I was talking about American Chinese food in my post, and that doesn't make it any less delectable.

14. since i stumbled upon this thread, i got super hungry and had cravings for chinese so.....

i ordered pei wei

15. Fried pigeons.

The first thing you will notice about this dish is the size of the bird.

It's too small to be a chicken, but too big to be a pigeon.

Coz the pigeon you picture in your mind is the natural ones you see in the park and stuff... they're smaller compared to the pigeons from the farm.

So it looks bigger than a normal pigeon, but smaller than a chicken.

And another noticable thing is how the bird is cut in two halves.

One half is from the chest above, including the wings, the breast, the neck, and the head.

Yes. The whole head of the bird is eaten. Except the skull and other hard parts of course. The scalp of the bird is eaten, and that's supposed to be the best part.

The other half is from the chest down, including the butt and the legs.

The birds are first coated in sticky sauce, and then they're cooked in an oven. They have dark brown color, and I would say the color gives good suggestion to the taste that follows. Sticky... salty... and greasy.

It's got a lot of oil, so it's very heavy stuff. Not for someone who wants to lose weight.

And again, it's a large dish. A serving has about... 5 or 6 pigeons, which is 10-12 halves. And each half is half the size of half a chicken. (wow... so many halves...)

It's quite addictive too. Once you start chewing on them, you can't stop. As soon as you peel off the last bit of meat from the bones, you immediately reach for the next half.

Very good stuff. Everyone should try it.

16. Bangkokman... :smoke:

17. Sesame chicken, white rice, extra broccoli.

That is pretty much all I ever get, but I always clean my plate with a smile.

18. I'd love to try American Chinameal.

I'm sure you'd like to try Chinese Americameal. :smoke:

19. #79 morange, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    I hope to try all sorts of <insert other country> Americameals someday. And also the regular <insert other country> meals too. I want to travel around the world and eat all sorts of cultural blended food until I don't remember what I ate came from where. Also I want to smoke pot. I heard once that pot was fun.

20. Lets go on a World-trip