Any vets to the city PLEASE READ!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HazednDaizd, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sup coming from Philly, PA.

I have one big ass problem id like to share with everyone, and hopefully get some good answers.

My problem is that i bought this DARK Glass piece from (Insert Name here) headshop, and I've been using it for more than 4 months now.But, it wasn't until recently that i started using it pretty much everyday. So today i decided to clean the piece out by leaving it in a small pan of boiling water. The water wasn't too hot, it was good enough for me to put my hand in safely and not hurt myself. So i left the pan to boil, and came back to check on it after 5 minutes and noticed all the resin collecting up inside. Repulsed at the sight, I started rinsing it out under the sink using how water. There was a NON-STOP flow of straight REZ just pouring out of it, and after about 5 minutes of rinse and repeat under hot water i noticed that theres a small ball of resin, and what looks like spray paint on the inside of the piece. Now, I took a good amount of time, after discovering that, to surf the web about inhaling paint products via glass pipe. I didn't really find much, but the fact that its bad for you. So i called the place i bought it from and told the owner my situation. Of course, for the sake of the business, he immediately started to pitch me his own little spiel about how glass pieces aren't supposed to be boiled, and that it was painted with a safe non toxic paint that doesn't create any fumes when heat is applied. I hung up and immediately started wondering why he told me the paints safe without even asking him about it, and if its safe when you apply a source of heat to it why did it fall apart when you put it under hot water? So I thought he may be lying just to keep me out of the way. So i did more surfing about painting glass pipes, and of course found nothing but the same stuff as before. Nothing new about safe paints as well. So I made this account to ask everyone about their opinions and Knowledge of this special situation of mine.

Im thinking I may have SERIOUS lung damage because of it, and may even become a legal issue. IDK though its just a thought for now.

2. Sorry about the way i typed it. I know it may bother some peoples eyes, noticed that after the post lol

3. I think you're just high and paranoid but otherwise fine.

Smoke some more. Or in your case, less :smoke:

4. If you're so worried about it, why don't you just buy a new piece instead of trying to sue the owner of a headshop???

5. Do you actually have lung issues?

6. How are you going to sue a head shop over a product that you use to illegally smoke a controlled substance?

Sorry, caveat emptor - or buyer beware. If the price is too good, there's a reason.

7. Never said anything like that. I ALWAYS smoke TOBACCO out of it son....

8. Uhh maybe its because i might have serious lung problems because (BLANK) headshop sold me a glass piece to smoke tobacco out of, that had a toxic paint on the inside that ive inhaled on a daily basis when i smoke out of it.

9. ^^^^^

10. Before any kids start posting here. I just want to make it clear to everyone that im just wondering if the paints harmful or not. and if its not OK to boil glass pipes.

simple questions, waiting on simple answers.

11. Not really, i just stopped smoking cigs and started working out again.But the thing with that pipe is that i could always tell the difference in taste with it. And it smells like a MF, even after cleaning it.

12. Paid 30 fucking bucks for the piece of shit too dude. Thats why im in a Forum of smokers asking pretty serious questions. i need SERIOUS answers.

13. OK - first off check your ego at the door. I'm not your son.

And my answer WAS a serious one. You really think you can sue a head shop over a piece of glass? Seriously? Even if you're smoking tobacco out of it, TOBACCO CAUSES LUNG PROBLEMS! You don't have a case. Any lawyer taking your case would simply be doing so because they can fleece you out of your money.

Your posts with attitude are not welcome here, GRASSCITY is a community of like minded people, we try to treat each other with respect. Insulting the people who are replying to your thread is not a good way to earn respect here.

So please, before you go insulting us further, do us all a favor, brush up on the rules of the forum OK?

While your question certainly has merit, the way you're going about responding to people here is not earning you any friends.

14. #16 HazednDaizd, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
    Dude can you chill out? I can clearly tell you might be the Hypocrite of the site. If everything you say is true, why couldn't you have given me one of those responses?

Keep in mind the case, if it became one, would be selling the glass piece with TOXIC paint. Would you smoke out of something thats only going to give lung cancer at a much faster rate lol? check out the pics and video and tell me if you would really consider that something so mild...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCM5OhKKMAY&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

15. How'd they get a spray paint can in there?

16. Why does everyone on this site have such a smart ass question lol?

Like minded people my ass

17. #19 4Sheezy, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2011
    I wouldn't think it's harmful, but I would try and look up a few glassblowers that make pipes online and ask them, they would seem to be more knowledgeable on the subject.

Like other blades have said you wouldn't have a case trying to sue.

Edit: I watched your video, I would use iso and rice/salt to clean your pipe and then see what it looks like.

18. Dude, it is not I who need to chill. I'm perfectly fine, I'm actually doing part of my job here, as I am a moderator.

Now then, since you seem to have not done so already, I shall quote the part of the rules which you are violating already:

and

These are stickied in almost every forum.

So again I ask you to treat EVERYONE with some respect and check your ego at the door. I do not take kindly to name calling being flung my way. You may not LIKE the answers you're getting because you're not being coddled or told "yeah man you totally have a lawsuit, go for it". But that doesn't give you the right to act the ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.