Any torch experts?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by ionic0420, May 7, 2013.

1. I'm looking to get into glassblowing. Right now I'm just researching to determine cost. This kit seems like a good deal but I'm not sure how it compares to other torches. Anyone who has any experience with torches please chime in.
    http://www.sundanceglass.com/kit-4-lampworking-8M7.htm

2. I know there are some glass blowers here anyone have an opinion?

3. I know a Lynx is a great starter torch. My buddy has it right now, he upgraded from a redmax. Hes looking to upgrade at the moment cause he needs a bigger flame. Hes been bustin out some sick fully worked mini tubes on it though haha

4. I've got the nortel mega minor but if your already pretty good at working with glass you might want something bigger but its great for me as im a newbie doing small bowls dabbers pendants marbles and such. Also if you want another good website for glass supplies throw me a pm as im not sure if its cool to drop links to that in here.

5. How much money do you have to spend? Be prepared to spend 3x that getting setup.

I second the Lynx if you can afford it. Especially if you are wanting to get into pipes.

6. Trying to spend less than one thousand on my torch and supply's. I don't want to go crazy and get everything at once. Just the necessities to get started. I don't plan on getting a kiln at first cause I doubt that anything I make at first would be worth saving.

So that's 2 for the lynx and 1 for nortel major minor. I have seen the nortels I will have to check out the lynx.