Any tips on REVEGGING?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thosevacanteyes, Jun 27, 2009.

1. #1 thosevacanteyes, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
    My friend is about to bring over a power skunk female that was removed from my garden last grow.

He finished her out and harvested her, being that she is the sole survivor I am going to attempt a reveg on her.

She was grown DWC(just like all of my others), so sliding her in a container is no problem.

How short should she be cut back, etc.?

She was over 7 ft tall before harvest, now she is at about 24"

Thanks guys.

-C

2. Bump, no one knows anything?

I cut her back to about 8 inches tall and flushed the reservoir. She will be in clean water for a week, then I will start her back on nutrients.

-C

3. I think you mean regenerating???

just in case you don't already know this....you do have to have leaves (including some fan leaves) left on the plant to do this.

some people do this, but personally, I think its not the way to go...you'd be much better off just taking clones and growing those.

But if you're really set on going this route....the height doesn't reall matter, as long as you have some leaves left on the plant. no need to cut the nutes, although a flush would be good. just change the nutes back to the vegging ratios.

also note...when doing hydro, and you want to flush between nutrient changes, it doesn't take more than a day...if that. the only time you would want to flush for 1-2 weeks, is before harvest. And if this person, flushed before he harvested, then there is really no need to flush again at all just start it on the veg nutes right away.

4. No, I mean revegging. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...-US:official&hs=SLY&q=revegging&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

I have small cola's left actually, nothing worth chopping though.

Not the best idea to take clones from a plant that has been harvested. It is best to take clones very early after sexing.

-C

5. well, i've never heard of revegging, but regnerating is when...after your harvest, you leave some lower branches and leaves, then switch back to 18/6or 24/0 and go back to veg nutes....but it takes longer to do that than to just take clones and grow fresh.

If you're saying that because you have a small yield, that your just going leave buds on plants, and switch back to veg...I wouldn't even bother....that would be worse then regenerating....first of all, you will loose time as it takes time (maybe 1-2 weeks) for the plants to swith gears...second, that obviously would never happen in nature.... can cause stress to plant, and risk turning it hermy....still better off just taking clones and starting fresh.

Yeah, the ideal time to take clones is right after sexing...but you can take a clone at ANY time (assuming you still have clone sites available).... I've succesfully cloned a plant in flowering.

6. Here's a thread I made about revegging, in case that would help.

7. #7 thosevacanteyes, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009

Revegging and regeneration are the same thing.

The reason we are revegging her is because she was harvested(Nearly two ounces) and we want to keep the plant because I have no more Power Skunk Seeds. The reason she left my garden to begin with is because I had 2 very large Diesel Ryder plants to tend to. That harvest can be seen here:http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced...9-diesel-ryder-g13-power-skunk-more-come.html

I know how to clone. I currently have 6 Gigabud clones that I took from a dying mother that had just shown sex. Become a paid member and you can see all of that good stuff in my private journal.

-C

8. I revegged two of the plants from my first grow, after they grew more branches I cut those for clones. Three of those are now in my ebb + flow grow, looking awesome. I repotted the mothers, the bigger one is now in a 5g bucket.

What are you asking, OP? Other than how far to cut it back I don't actually see any questions :p

9. I really just wanted to know if there was anything in particular that I need to do other than switch light cycles and throw it back on Flora Nova Grow.

I didn't want to assume anything, better to ere on the side of caution. :rolleyes:

-C

10. I repotted one of the plants I revegged, just cut off half of the roots and put it in fresh soil. The one I didn't repot, I had to give food with the water more often because the soil was depleted of any stored up nutes. It's kinda cool, the plant has a small band of growth where the stems are purple, you can see at what point in time the plant responded to the lack of nutes :D

That FNG is pretty sweet, eh? Check out how they're doing with that stuff on my hydro grow :cool: