Any Tips For A First Timer?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chimera Rush, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Title says it all I'm a first timer at growing Marijuana any tips you could give me would be great always looking to learn more!

2. We'll it depends on some variables, like are you going to grow in soil or hydro? Do you have at least a thousand $$$ to have a grow room set up? 

We'll I'll start off by recommending you get feminized seeds so there are no males wasting your time and get a hps light at about $80-$300 dollars  250 watt = 1-2 grown plants          
      400 watt= 2-3 plants           600 watt= 2-4 plants            1000= watt 3-6 plants 
    TRY TO GET A DIMMABLE BALLAST AND SUPER 1000 watt bulbs ( if you get a 1000 watt)                      

3. I'll tell you how much it is to have a expert set up.........

Tent 6.5 x 6.5 x 6.5 = $300
    HPS 1000 watt = $270 
    3 gal 8 hole hydro = $40
    4x 5 gal hydro = $200
    Portabe A/C unit = $300
    Carbon Scrubber w/ Fan = $150 

It all depends on how many your going to grow this set up is for about 5 plants at about 4 feet tall. Good Luck!!

4. Get Solo cups,soil, seeds and water and get them in the sun. Or under a florescent light fixture.

You don't need a tent,filters or anything costly to start growing if you are legal.

A 4 foot fluorescent light fixture will give you a great start to grow a dozen+ babies. $20 at walmart.
    [​IMG]

are you legal? if so you can save money and forget all the bullshit, hang a 1,000 MH/HPS jam a 100 solo cups under it and get it on.

Less than $260 to get started with a big light.

5. P.S. never forget to use a fan in the grow room AT ALL TIMES to not have mold form and dont have the fan directly on the plants during flowering.

6. If you plan on doing this for awhile i'd suggest you go with hydro because you'll save money by not having to buy soil every grow and you'll get heavier yield faster than soil. Only thing is soil is easier and buds taste better.  

I'd also suggest a tent because it has reflective mylar and is enclosed so not light leaks and you can control the temp and humidity. also you dont have to drill hooks in your ceilings and can get smaller ones for cheap. 

Get good nutrients to feed your babies like advanced nutrients or fox farm and look up how much to mix in at what stage of the plants growth.

7. Keep your temps 64-78 dgrees and humidity 40%-60% so you dont burn them or risk mold 
    90+ degrees can kill your plants!!!