Any surfers out there?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by mean and green, Jan 21, 2011.

1. I have recently come to the conclusion that surfing and green, go hand in hand
    1. For the everyday surfer, it is very un-competitive and generally chilled ( you know... the beach life and all)
    2. For like the hippy - esque surfer, it is all about being one with nature....... Kind of like with da grade (you are smoking nature :D)
    3. Just the feeling of carving the perfect wave, its hard to explain, but it (especially with long-boarding) just the laidbackness of it all, fits in perfectly with the idea of weed.
    Anyway, basically is there any surfers out in GC? have any of you tried surfing high? any stories about weed and surfing?

2. Never tried surfing high. I used to go bodyboarding with my family when i was younger but i didn't even enjoy that cuase its too cold! I'm surprised, i didn't think there were many stoner surfers in the UK. Where bouts you from man?

3. #3 mean and green, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
    Im from west country, so unfortunately I cant surf everyday :( :( :( and yea, England isnt really the place you immediately think of when it comes to surf spots. Yet, decent surf is still there, just not as good as Bali lets say. And with the cold, I always found that it was worse coming out and getting out the wetsuit, than when I was actually surfing, However I haven't surfed in the Uk for ages (i hope to get some done in February) so my memory of the cold might be slightly In-accurate.... hmmmm

How bout you? any surf near where you live?

In scotland though, Ive heard there is some decent waves.... that must be cold though!

4. Only someone who wished to die of hypothermia would consider Scotland for surfing, let me assure you.

5. surfing winter in australia is the best. good wetsuit goes a long way doing it stigged just makes it all slower for me

6. Yea, I still surf and I've surfed high, but the adrenaline from a good ride just kinda straightens ya out pretty quick and it's a PITA to keep coming in to re-adjust....I always wished for a waterproof pipe and lighter when I was sittin in the lineup! LOL! Actually some of the best surfing I've done was in the winter on the US east coast, that's when that strong NW wind and offshore storms makes for some big hollow waves to get tubular in...You can sit out all day in 40degree water with the right wetsuit and never get cold...I know, I've done it plenty of times...only the hardcore surf the winter, so I usually had the waves all to myself...very rarely saw anybody else out there. It was very fun surfing high and looking up and down the coast, not seeing another person at all, all day! Wish it was like that in the summer!:rolleyes: Surf Naked! (watch for board rash on nads tho!) Surf High!