any suggestions for recording software?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by dalgalicious, Nov 28, 2011.

1. hey, i've got a bunch of songs i've got worked out that i'm trying to get around to recording. i was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a relatively cheap recording set up? i'm talking atleast less than like $1000. i am not exactly rolling in the dough.

originally, i had a digital 8 track recorder, and that worked fairly well when i was younger and just making scratch recordings of ideas i had. but that device is now broken, and i couldn't really make completed, mastered songs with that thing either.

any suggestions for a preferably fairly simple to use set up for recording? what works best for you other home recorders?

--if it helps any, i am not trying to make electronic dance music. i guess the genre of music i make is somewhat alternative/indie/experimental/psychedelic. it's hard to pin-point it exactly haha.

2. So, are you seeking a program that is best suited for vocals? Or are you trying to do just straight music (No vocals)?

3. well, both really. i've got whole song ideas with lyrics and everything and i want to record everything myself.