Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Any suggestion for improvement?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by questionguy123, Mar 25, 2016.

1. I have been at this for two years with little success and lots of money spent. It is finally time to set my ego aside and ask for help in order to make a perfect grow room. Any suggestions are greatly appreciate!

Below are pictures of my grow room setup. There are two sides which are labeled 1 and 2. Side 1 is for vegging. Side 2 is for flowering. Every 3 weeks I start a new plant on the veg side. I do this buy putting the seed in a zip lock bag of water for 3 days and then planting. I am growing lemon haze. After it sprouts, I keep it roughly 14 inches under the light and let it grow for 1 month. At that time I clip off the tip top of the plant. This forces the 4 branches below that to all grow up which prevents it from growing to tall ( The grow space is only 4 feet tall). After I cut the tip I put it in the flowering side. During the first 2 weeks I feed the plants 1/4 cap full of Flora Nova Grow 7-4-10. Week 3-4 I give it half a cap full of the same. Week 5 and on I give it 3/4 cap full of Flora Nova Bloom 4-8-7. I water the plants every day. Some times I put a lot of nutrient water in if it is pretty dry or less if it is still a little damp. The bulb on the vegging side is 250 watt hps and on the flowering side is 600 hps.The air conditioner is labeled and keeps the temperature at or under 80 degrees. The fan behind the air conditioner is to push the hot air that comes out the back of the air conditioner into the hall way. Card board is what is dividing the two areas in the grow box. The whole thing is made out of 2x4's and card board.

I am open to any and all suggestions on how I can improve my setup. Most of my problems stem from me forgetting to water them one day and them wilting or nutrient burn. I seem to have the nutrient burn under control with the mentioned ratios above. Any advie would be VERY appreciated.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
  2. Once you iron out all the kinks growing can be a great hobby! I think one major issue you are having is your pot. You're cutting down a milk gal so your total pot size is less then a gal which is not enough and clear containers let light in which will hurt the roots. I grow 3 foot plants and I use 5gal fabric pots. The better your roots, the better your plant. You should not be watering everyday. If you keep the roots too moist you're going to have problems. You mentioned how much nutes you're giving but not how often. At most feed nutes at every other watering, they need plain PHed water to release the built up salts from the nutrients. Good luck!

Kyla's Blue Hash in Happy Frog

3. I have been at this for two years with little success and lots of money spent. It is finally time to set my ego aside and ask for help in order to make a perfect grow room. Any suggestions are greatly appreciate!
    This is big, I wish many members here could do the same

Below are pictures of my grow room setup. There are two sides which are labeled 1 and 2. Side 1 is for vegging. Side 2 is for flowering.

Most rooms are divided, as the bud room is 75% larger than the veg room as its normal to veg for one month and bud for 2 months

I do this buy putting the seed in a zip lock bag of water for 3 days and then planting.

Germing seeds can and do drown, check closely but I only soak for 8 hours or until the seeds sink..study this up

After it sprouts, I keep it roughly 14 inches under the light and let it grow for 1 month. At that time I clip off the tip top of the plant. This forces the 4 branches below that to all grow up which prevents it from growing to tall
    Best done after 2 weeks, as you are confusing the plant in 12x12

I water the plants every day. Some times I put a lot of nutrient water in if it is pretty dry or less if it is still a little damp. The bulb on the vegging side is 250 watt hps and on the flowering side is 600 hps.

Always go by the pot wight, on average most pots get half a coffee cup of water 2-3 times per week, more in bud, always go by the weight of the pot, light is the screw here, red light as in HPS encourages plants to stretch, by stimulating the hormones, avoid having 100% red light(HPS) in veg have a 50/50 of cool and warm light..
    better for you to understand kelvin

Avoid the cardboard ..

build a grow space you are proud off, as shit gear hinders your growth too

look to building an cfl array or getting in some T5 lights for veg
    have a small pc type fan blowing on their leaves to remove 02, that builds up

good luck