Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any Stoner Metalheads

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by b4tt1n1, May 28, 2013.

1. A lot of my stoner friends only listen to rap or techno, very few ppl I've come across like the herb and metal. When I say metal I'm not talking about hard core or emo, I'm talking about thrash, death, black, grindcore or old school heavy metal. So...anybody?

2. I love metal, groove metal, thrash, and industrial are my favorite 3. Death metal is okay if it's not trying too hard to be "BR00TALZ". Grindcore is just noise to me...

3. Some of my favorite bands to listen to while high are Meshuggah and Periphery. Dethklok does the trick too, but they are a band not too metalheads are fond of apparently:l

4. I agree grindcore isn't that great. I only like a few bands, and they're more technical death metal than grindcore (necrophagist)

Hell yea !! Meshuggah are fucking awesome, I haven't listened to periphery. Dude!! I love dethklok!! A lot of my friends don't really like them though.

5. I enjoys me some Trivium, Machine Head, Lamb of God, A7X and a few others when I am not listening to The Dead or similar.

6. Try listening to Sleep's "Dopesmoker". It's an hour of you just wanting to close your eyes and bob your head. If Anyones unfamiliar with Sleep, Matt Pike from High on Fire was guitar in it.

Also Al and Chris from Sleep's side project, OM, is sick. It's like Middle-eastern-Buddhist-metal.

7. I'm a fan of various genres that include the guitar. Metal is one of them. 

8. That shits too loud, fast paced, and angry for me to enjoy while smoking. When I'm high I wanna chill and be happy, not be bothered by loud ass fast pace angry music.

As kendrick lamar would say, "Bitch don't kill my vibe"

9. bro. Check out all of these bands the next time you blaze.
    Tesseract
    Animals as Leaders
    The Haarp Machine
    Circus Maximus (for old school prog)
    David Maxim Micic
    Veil of Maya
    Some of the Faceless
    Periphery
    they are all fucking awesome.

10. #10 shaddytheman, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    ^^ Thanks for the recommendation. What spectacular elements can I expect from analyzing the sound of those bands? 

11. #11 1sttimegrower, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    Listening to the wrong metal if anger is all you get out of it. ;)

Dethklock is amazing.. Dunno how anyone can be against them - their sound is good. @magiccarps I think its because they aren't a band in the conventional sense and so some headbangers might have an inherent dislike due to that.. dunno. You can't give the lyrics any real thought though haha

But yeah, some of my friends and I like to listen to metal and smoke herb; not all bands overlap into a good sound while high though. Then again it really depends on my mood: lamb of god might kill my high in one session, whereas in another I get fucking deep into the music and just let it envelope me.

Nevermore and dream theater are simply epic when listening to them high.

12. Man stuff like Black Sabbath, Saint Vitus, Pentagram, and Candlemass was made to blaze to.

13. Kid Cudi + Logic + Mac Miller = happy

14. hell yeah meshuggah

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. *pumps fist into air and screams*  SLIP FUCKIN KNOT!!!!!

I agree, I think it might have something to do with the show the band is tied into. But to me, it makes it that much more amazing. As for the lyrics, Dethalbum III was groundbreaking for them. (i.e: "Rejoin", "Impeach God", "Crush the Industry") It really puts me into a different mindset all together: that is. if you can understand them :p

I would highly recommend checking Periphery out if you like Meshuggah. I would suggest listening to there instrumentals first, many fans feel that the singer gets in the way of the [amazing] riffs and different grooves. I suggest checking out the instrumental version of "Racecar" the next time you got a good buzz going, it will definitely take you on a trip.  :D

18. my favorite band to listen to while I'm high is Children of Bodom, specially their older stuff. Those back and forth solos between Alexi(guitar) and Jenna (keyboard) are fucking amazing !! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3uNJ6lUMa8
    i ate a whole brownie by myself the last time i saw them at the house of blues, it was a fucking trip !!

19. Fuck yeah homey :metal: I love me some metal. Especially Thrash and old school :metal:

I like a wide variety of music, but consistently liked metal for the longest time out of all genres I listen to.

Lately its been all :metal: :metal: :metal:

20. seriously dude !! all the good metal died at the beginning of the 90s with a few exceptions here and there. I am really excited about the fact that I'm finally gonna get to see Iron Maiden in September  :hello:  :yay: :metal:and the fact that Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament, Overkill and Sabaton are playing in that same gig makes that much sweeter. 
    It'll be third time seeing Megadeth, second for Testament and Anthrax, and first for Overkill who I've been wanting to see for a LONG time as well