Any other Poly people here?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by alisvltprpiis83, May 13, 2010.

1. Kind of a weird question, I know.
    Are there any other polyamorous people in here, or people who practice polyamory?
    :wave:

2. #2 stoner_lukas, May 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
    I have 37 wives.

I kid, I kid, and that's polygamy anyway. Do tell more. When you say you're polyamorous, what exactly do you mean? That word has a variety of different meanings

3. You've intrigued me, go on.

4. do you go to these types of parties?

[​IMG]

5. Negative.

It conflicts with love on so many different levels.

6. Polyamorus is being in a relationship with more than one other person, if im not mistaken...

7. No, thats polygamy, whereas monogamy is being with a single person.

I'm gonna look up this polyamorous and i'll get back. It comes up spelled wrong so is it even a word? apparently not lol

So you mean like having a boyfriend and girlfriend at the same time, or you have 2 girlfriends and your girlfriends each have another boyfriend? No.

8. So what is it exactly>?

9. I've been under the impression that love is a social construct, and polygamy is the natural way. I'm not saying I believe that, but that's what I've been told.

10. ploygamy = married to multiple people, polyamorus = you can have multiple relationships. Completely different

11. There is conflicting evidence. Anybody can argue, quite well, that people are made for multiple partners, or that they are made for one partner, from an evolutionary viewpoint.

It just boils down to your own personal feelings.

12. #12 alisvltprpiis83, May 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
    The Generic:
    Polyamory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Main Parts the We (my relationship) follow:

"Polyamory, often abbreviated to poly, is sometimes described as consensual, ethical, or responsible non-monogamy. The word is occasionally used more broadly to refer to any sexual or romantic relationships that are not sexually exclusive, though there is disagreement on how broadly it applies; an emphasis on ethics, honesty, and transparency all around is widely regarded as the crucial defining characteristic.
    People who identify as polyamorous typically reject the view that sexual and relational exclusivity are necessary for deep, committed long-term loving relationships. Those who are open to, or emotionally suited for, a polyamorous lifestyle may be single or in monogamous relationships, but are often involved in multiple long-term relationships such as a triad, quad, or intimate network.
    In practice, polyamorous relationships are highly varied and individualized. Ideally they are built upon values of trust, loyalty, negotiation, etc, as well as rejection of jealousy, possessiveness, and restrictive cultural standards."

Basically, we are in a type of "semi-open" relationship, where we can have other sub-relationships with other people as long as everyone knows what is going on. We like to joke that our rule is "No hookers, no priests, wrap it up, don't get arrested." We also aren't opposed to a third-person in our relationship, be they male or female.

13. Love is not entirely a social construct, although it plays an important role in it. Back in the days polygamy could be considered the 'natural way' whatever that means.. But now? Noo, atleast not here in America. In order for polygamy to work you need partners who are mutual with the idea of having more than one lover. Where as, monogamy, you don't need a mutual agreement.

This too.

14. LOL, No. Although we have been to a local bdsm dungeon, which is much scarier.

15. I looked on the website you posted but i could not find it,, what do you believe in religiously?

16. Hmm... that's weird... if you were talking about the link I posted, it was just the wiki article on polyamory.
    Religiously, I am an eclectic pagan and my boyfriend is a buddhist.

17. I had no idea America was so sensitive about such concepts. What's the general consensus on bisexuality in America?

18. Same as homosexuality, except in the case of a female being bisexual to a male. The double standards in the country are ridiculous.

Homosexuality is wrong to the majority of people in the US, yet the majority of males would have no problem with a girl being with another girl.

19. O' that's interesting, that's cool you both are both from diff religions but you still don't let that get in the way of your relationship:)

20. me and my girlfriend have been sleeping with other women, it kind of calms the need to be with other people and enhances our love and sex life greatly.