Any one know about Law?

Discussion in 'General' started by Linktogunner, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Sorry if this is the wrong section. I'll begin this with a little background info.

To make this is as short as possible - I was drunk, I took my dads work truck and drove around.. I ended up turning to fast or something and my dads spray rig, his spray wand, and his bait cubes got damaged (He is an exterminator for a small locally owned company.)

So I come home about 4:00 AM and my dad wakes up and leaves around 6. He noticed the shit that got broken in the back of his truck and came inside, woke me up, and asked me if I used his truck the night before. I said yeah and he was going off on a rampage. Then he goes "Gunner, were you drinking last night?" I said "No." And then he smelled my breath (LOL) and called the cops on me (keep in mind i still reeked of booze). He called the cops on my and they came into my house and arrested me. He took me to the police station and breathalyzed me and i blew an 0.91 or something like that. So the charges are as follows:

Class A nonperson misdemeanor (Criminal deprivation of property)
    Class B nonperson misdemeanor (Criminal damage to property)

So what do you think I'm going to be facing as far as jail time/penalties or whatever?

I'm in Kansas, for the record.

2. I think you're not going to jail, but could possibly have fines. The only reason I say this is because of the word "misdemeanor". So even though you participated in criminal behaviour and are being charged with such, you're not actually being charged with a crime? I dunno i might be totally wrong, but that's what I was able to hash out in my brain. If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I'm just trying to be logical.

3. Really depends on your criminal record, but usually misdemeanor would just be a fine or probation of some sort.

4. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Wait, your own dad called the cops on you?

5. Well, you did not get popped for a dui, they would not have been able to prove it anyway. you got charged because your father pressed charges. the first charge is for using his truck, the second charge is for the damage. Man, I cant belive your dad would give you a perm record for that, no offense, but your dad sounds like a DICK! kids wreck thier parents cars, you dont call the cops JEEZ!