any one else like to listen to vinyl?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by v0lc0m85, Jul 2, 2009.

1. #1 v0lc0m85, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
    im just getting into it, i love the sound, its so much richer and deeper than a cd or digital. like the music has more depth. i have a cheap player now but plan to get a nice set up in the future (with a reciever with a nice eq, speakers, sub, cd/dvd, and hook it to my mac to play my itunes as well as my xbox 360.) i used to do car audio before i got laid off cuz no work, so im and audio freak.

any one else into it? collect vinyl?

id love to see some pics

i plan on getting some radio head, one of my favorite bands, as well as the classics, beatles i dont already have, hendrix, i have some doors and yes. i know a few local record stores who sell them used for a good price, as well as online.

2. #2 Poisongage, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
    Are you kidding me ? I love vinyl. I have a whole collection of them.

Most of my collection is old school metal, mostly thrash and death. But i have all sorts of old records from Frank Zappa to Deep Purple also.

I've snapped some pics of my favorite LP's (click to enlarge):

Billede206.jpg

Billede207.jpg
    Picture discs galore :)

Billede208.jpg
    Fuckin' thrash metal maaaan

Billede209.jpg

Billede211.jpg
    Leather :love:

Billede210.jpg

Billede212.jpg
    More leather :smoke:

Billede213.jpg
    Led Zeppo'n'Halen

3. ahhh man nice collection!! i loveeee the art work! what set up do you play em on? im looking into getting something much higher end

4. Thanks man :)

I actually just collect them, i never play them (well on rare occasions i play them on my moms crappy stereo). I own a Bang & Olufsen LP player, but i don't have an amp or any speakers. And i am content with compromising sound quality for the ease of digital music.

But don't get me wrong - i totally agree with you that vinyl sounds better, and if i had the money, i would buy a proper setup.

5. yeah eventually i will have some sort of home set up. once i have some money lol. when it comes to car audio i was a real sound quality freak, but i totaled my truck and now im driving my moms car with just some subs in it (2 12"s 1200w@1ohm) so untill i get my own car i wont have any mobile sound quality haha.

6. Haha bummer dude :)

7. its all good. i also wanna pick up some nice techo, paul oakenfold, daft punk, etc on vinyl as well as some rap, kanye graduation, maybe wayne depending on which they have, common, nas, biggie, first gym class heroes cd, beastie boys, and what ever else i come across.

8. yessss. got an old but top notch vinyl player from the GDR here as well as a some 30 or 40 vinyls, mostly rap and jazz.

9. Technics 1200 MK5
    Vestax PMC 08

:D:cool:

Yes I collect (but mainly listen). No reissues. No comps. Just crates of OG shit and unheard classics.
    And you'll be able to find Beatles stuff quickly. I see them a good bit in the field. You can get a copy of most of their records for a dollar (unless its a rare).

10. All I got is some Sony turntable, but it treats me right, so no complaints here. It's probably my main source of listening to music, or I try to keep it that way.

11. Hell yeah, i've got quite a collection aswell.. Every Floyd album and lots of King Crimson :p

12. I love vinyls especially EPs of artists.

13. nicee to see some vinyl buffs! i just picked up 2 more records yesterday. i cant get enough of the sound, im a vinyl addict!

14. I was under the assumption that after even playing a record once the quality has degraded greatly? Any of you vinyl freeks able to clarity that for me?

Me and my friends were just talking about a little toy we found that you wind up. Then place on a record and it drives around playing the record. Pretty cool little concept.

15. My girlfriend and I have have well over 300 lp's and 45's. For the longest time we were pretty much spending our money on records. Her working at a record store didn't help much either. Later on when I can use her camera I'm gonna take some pictures to post. We both really wanna get one of those real nice technic's turntables, but they are so expensive.

Anyone else into 45's? I think they are a lot more unique, but harder to find now and days. At least for the stuff we are looking for. :mad:

16. records stay good as long as you take care of them. Don't scratch them, don't leave them out in the hot or cold, ect. I have some records that are so old you wouldn't believe they still play. They are way more durable then cd's or cassettes.

I feel that in a few years music is going to go totally digital. Cd's will totally go the way of the dodo.Collectors of music though, like real hardcore fans, will still collect and buy records in order to have a hard copy of there favorite music.

17. i have a feeling your right about everything going to digital. when it comes to my favorite music i would buy the cd, not only to support the artist, but to have a hard copy as well as the artwork that goes with it.

part of the reason i started collecting vinyl. i know ill be re buying albums on vinyl i already downloaded or bought on cd.

18. I think it's the best of both worlds. It so easy and convenient to download music,while records are so cool. You get something actually worth the money. Who's really gonna want a cd years from now anyway?

19. haha i know what you mean, cds just dont have that collection appeal like a pressed record does. on a side note im really pissed the carter 3 only has half the album on the vinyl, wonder if they plan to release the rest of it?

kinda sucks in my area we dont have any vinyl stores close by, only thing sadly is hot topic, but they do have a nice selection for newer stuff.

20. My friend just got the carter III on vinyl, thats weird that they split it up like that. I'll have to ask him if his copy is like that or what.