Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any of you guys used to be against weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DreamPCs, Nov 24, 2011.

1. #61 sk8rsian, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
    I was never against weed, I just never really wanted to try it. My oldest sister exposed me and my little brother to weed at an early age and had all these parties and stuff; basically she was setting a bad example of marijuana usage and I saw mostly negative effects.

After a while she apologized and calmed down with all that. We would talk about it and the more we talked about weed, the more curious I became. I smoked with some friends for my first time and told her later that night, and then she smoked me up. She pretty much showed me the ropes. I felt like a hypocrite because I used to give her shit about it but after a while I realized a lot of people I smoke with now used to be against it.

2. #62 Daft Funk, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
    I was against it until I accidentally played The Union on Netflix. So I decided to watch it. Been smoking ever since.

3. I used to look down upon people who smoked it. I thought they were bad, but didn't know why...it was only because society taught me it was wrong.

I tried it myself one day and my life was changed :smoking:

4. I was against it until i actually found somebody who had it that i was close to :smoking:

5. [quote name='"Hick727"']I was against it until I accidentally played The Union on Netflix. So I decided to watch it. Been smoking ever since.[/quote]

That should be a Netflix testimonial. Very nice.

6. I was always scared of it growing up. My first time ever coming into contact with real bud was when my cousin showed me some in his basement when i was in grade 7, i thought it smelt fucking terrible and that he was going to ruin his life.

Come july, at the end of grade 9, i was re-introduced by him and my instant reaction was

"i'll grab the lighter" :smoke: never looked back.

7. i was brain washed as a child to think pot is from the devil until i tried it and thought wtf this stuff is great

8. Yeah I used to say bud was bad for you. Until I tried it of course :smoke:

9. I honestly had like no thought on it before I started smoking. It was never really offered to me in my middle school and then the year after I took a year off and studied in Costa Rica, I tried it once there and then I went to a public high school and tried it the first time someone offered. It wasn't till after then that I actually researched it and stuff.

10. I never really had an interest in weed but saw it as a gate way drug and didn't think it worth my time or money until my brother started smoking. Went to a headshop in Baltimore and bought a bong and salvia. A couple of months later, a co-worker just out of the blue slips me a bag of about .3 under the table without asking for anything in return. Had my brother pick me up a gram or two when he made his pickups and just began smoking regularly and now see weed in the same light as cigarettes and alcohol. Enjoyed responsibly with knowledge of the risks, weed, tobacco, and alcohol are acceptable but I don't smoke cigarettes.

11. When in middle school up to about 10th grade I thought weed was a "bad drug for loosers", but this was because the only kids who smoked weed in middle school were the punky disrespectful kids who failed all there classes. Keep in mind however the only reason i knew they smoked was because they would go around bragging about it, and stashing it in the teachers classroom ( they got caught btw haha ). Im sure there were "good kids" who smoked, they were just smart about it so alot of people dident know. The first time i smoked, i got so blazed i couldent walk in a streight line and everything was warped looking. I just couldent belive at the time that i was ever against this haha

12. This.

13. [quote name='"oSwaggero"']
    This.[/quote]

This.

14. And this.

15. Around 11-13: I was completely against it, fell for all the propaganda and thought it was physically addictive.
    Around 14-15: I started reading about it.
    Around 15: I told people I was doing it, even though I hadn't yet.
    Around 15 and 1/2: I started trying it with my buddies.

16. I bought into the same stuff that you would see in "The Union". I thought it made you dumber, lazy, thought it would bring you into the wrong crowd. I also didn't drink at the time either (high school). But once I got to college, started drinking and really saw the real lifestyle around bud it wasn't too bad. I gave it a try one night just so I could know for sure how it truly is and I've been on cloud nine since :D I feel like to most people, it's all just a common misconception. As with most things, the negative perceptions of something far outweigh or are far out heard than the positives, especially on something illegal.

17. I was anti-smoking everything, but I drank (Twisted right?) since 7th grade. Then summer after freshmen year I moved away and was kinda depressed (not really bad), and my best friend who moved in with me that year was just like "Wanna smoke some weed?" And I was just like "Sure". Before that, I gave my mom shit for smoking cigs, and I started smoking bud, hookah, then cigs lmao. I quit cigarettes 3 years ago, but still, I was a little bitch back in the day.

18. I wasn't against it I was one of those people that was brain washed about it like "smoking weed makes u dumb" and I took it that a weed smoker was equivalent to a crack head

19. I was never a hardcore anti-weed guy because I had tried it when I was 14 and didn't really get high. After that I didn't really pay much attention to It, because none of my friends did it. Late junior year I bought my first 20 sack and realized I had been brainwashed. Since the. It's really changed me as a person and has made me an advocate for the legalization cause. It pisses me off how some people just look down on it without even knowing what they're talking about, and I try to educate them. Some of them just end up calling me a pothead, but I know some listen.

20. I was never against it, i just thought it was bad and that there was no reason to do it.