Any of ya'll do Qigong?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by 36th Chamber, Dec 22, 2011.

1. physical health excercise that dates back to china roughly over 2000 years ago, starting this today, do you believe in chi? leave your opinions, thoughts

2. I looked into this a while back, and it can definitely yield some nice health benefits if you commit to it, and find a good instructor.

I incorporate some kung fu stances into my workout, the one I use most often is horse stance, because that shit will make your legs STRONG if you do it every day. But I've never actually done any Qigong.

There are many other stances too, all designed to train the muscles used in the martial art itself, but I don't know how to do them all properly(some get really complicated) and I'd rather not practice bad technique.

I think Qigong focuses more on breathing/movement and mental awareness, and sort of refining the body/mind connection. Probably similar to Tai Chi honestly.

3. Very true, Qiong focuses on the breathing and it actually is kinda similar to Tai Chi. Did a 1 hour session and definatly did feel better. It's kinda like a standing up meditation

4. Yeah, I do those breathing techniques. It's fun and makes me feel chill. Oh, and yeah, I believe in chi.:D

5. yeah for sure defs relaxes you