Any jeepers out there?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by .carbon, May 10, 2011.

1. ^ Thats odd yet amusing, probably not for the neighbors however.

2. Waiting on my MORE shackle brackets so i can finish up my jeep tonight.

3. Totally pissed about losing a set of MORE bombproof motor mounts on ebay, I would of won but I was sucked into watching the tv then when I looked back it was to late... got my gas tank back up and mounted with a warrior skid, le jeep is back on the road.

4. Got my lift and tires on today, gotta go through and hook all the small stuff up.

Attached Files:

5. Looks great, those are some meaty tires and she has a nice stance now:hello:.

6. Got 2 15's in my jeep.

7. That last pic was with out the front shackles. And man, i gotta figure out my 4wd vac bs, but boggers and a locker with 4.11s, who needs 4wd... they straight up dig!

8. Whaat year is your wrangler? mines an 87 yj, iv got the same 4x4 vac situation. trying to figure out what i need to hook up once i nutter bypass the computer.

9. I'm gonna ditch the vacuum actuator next week and run a push/pull cable for it, mines an 87' also, if you want i can pm or post a write up on the cable actuator.

10. Im always on JeepFourm. And ZJs hit me up, same username on there as here.

Heres a pic of my '96 ZJ V8.
    2" Fat Bobs BB
    Rouch Country Shocks
    31x10.5
    31"Thrush glasspack
    Home made discos in the front.

Gets about 12mpg. And with gas at $4.15 a gallon, its tough to keep it around on a high school salary. But, Ill sell my soul if I have to haha. I love this damn Jeep. It aint goin no where. Great in the mud and dirt trails. And as a daily driver. NExt paycheck that comes around I think is gonna go towards a Westin Safari light bar on the front. Then 1.25" spacers. I rub at full lock.

[​IMG]

11. Need to put my body lift on still. My tires were catching my flares, and my tire was already past the peak of the wall. Not too bad though.

Attached Files:

12. Took my moms 2012 jeep out to the lake bottom yesterday, was driving right where the water meets the ground and went to turn the wheel to go back on dry land...got stuck :/

Tried to get it out for about 20 minutes before we realized it wasn't gonna happen. Had to get someone pull us out.

After that though, I parked it and we climbed to the top of this mountain and smoked a blunt, came back down, drove the jeep back near the water, got out and went swimming. The water was pretty cold, but we got used to it lol.

Then drove 45 minutes to 5 guys to pig out. Had a great night.

13. we use to load up in the jeeps and go get stuck in the mud then head back into town all worn out and muddy to Papa Johns where my buddy worked. We got free pizza and soda and got to chill on top of the building watching the sun go down.

I miss those days

14. Sure does sound like a good time :smoke:

15. This thread needs a bump.

Near future plans for my 2.4L TJ:

HP d30 from an XJ
    4.88 gears for d30 and 35
    33s
    swag offroad drop down tail gate (miss that from my old pickup)
    lod front and rear (w/tire carrier) bumpers
    tube fenders
    por-15 or some type of undercoat for the frame, want this baby to last forever

currie enterprises 4" lift
    sye, cv driveshaft

Wheel it and enjoy it and see how serious I get with Jeeping and possibly vvv

Very distant future plans:
    5.2 or 5.9L magnum swap or
    cummins diesel swap (might be difficult, need to research it more) or
    4.7L stroker swap or
    turbo'd 2.4L (same motor as neon srt-4, might be able to up mpgs, idk still researching)
    winch
    locked ford 8.8 rear and locked d30 (maybe a front d44 swap)
    35s or 37s

16. no point in doing a 5.2 or 5.9 magnum swap when you can do a 5.7 swap. waaaaaaay better motor.

a 4bt swap has been done and isnt overly difficult but if you go with a 12 or 24 valve diesel your going to have to do some serious custom work all over the jeep.

basically your best bet for a motor swap is either a hemi, chevy 350 or an LS motor. Or the 4.7 stroker but with how much that costs you might as well go V8.

with 4.88 gears and 33s be careful with the stock D35 axle shafts. I know your rockin the 2.4l but if your tires are slipping and all of a sudden one gets tractions, somethings gonna break.

also remember to build for where you wheel! a lot of people forget that and just build big or the new fad of low center of gravity. The bigger you go, the easier the trails get and the more likely its going to get boring and no longer provide any difficulty. If you were to build a LCG jeep where I am, youll be getting stuck all the time because of the ledges. here, you have to have belly clearance. As awesome as it would be to have a jeep on 40"+ tires, id have to buy a trailer and a truck to trailer it out of state to trails that would actually give me some challenge.

One thing I would add to the top of your list would be an Aussie locker for the D30. best mod youll ever do.

17. Who here has nutter bypassed their 4.2l wrangler? anyone?

18. Yea my dad just got a 2 door wrangler. It's a damn awesome jeep.

19. post pics :smoke:

20. #140 frostyleafes, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    I didn't have any and it was dark out. I can't post pics from my iPhone so I will when I get home. I cant wait to drive it

It's got 34" tires and an amount of lift that I do not know. I'll ask my dad about that when I post the pic. Little does he know .. It's on a weed forum. Hahaha