Any jeepers out there?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by .carbon, May 10, 2011.

1. Docleary, what kind of suspension is under that beast? And please PLEASE tell me its the 4.2 I6!

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380991564.567078.jpg
    Best pic I have on my phone right now

Hello little hobbit! Spark my ganja!

haha shit... i totally forgot i posted in here.

i'm pretty sure its independent - i'd go look but none of my flashlights are here (i'm in the process of moving). and of course it has the 258, i love straight sixes. it seems to be having transmission issues though, i took it on a couple of trails today and now when its in 2wd, it seems to be slipping if i try to accelerate "quickly". there is no pulling out in traffic. but i didn't get stuck on any of the trails, so... to hell with it. i'll have to look into a lift though, because i want m/t's a little bigger than the a/t's it has now.

4. Auto or stick?

5. my first (or maybe second) automatic vehicle.

6. I don't care what anyone says or tells you, as far as off road, automatics are the only way to go. No rolling back when you're at the top of a steep hill that your trying to fight up.

Most likely a tf999 or 904a, with a set of snap ring pliers and a press, I could rebuild one in 6-8 hours. And regardless of who says what about them, the tf9xx transmissions are pretty decent. They hold up behind big blocks in drag racers, the I6's won't torture it that much.

Get a pic of that front suspension and we'll go from there.

7. according to my research, my eagle should be equipped with a tf998.

but still waiting on my folks to get home from vermont so i can use my mother's camera - my pentax wasn't made with a USB plug in. :laughing:

8. Fiiiiinally have the money to get the exhaust leaks in my headers taken care of! It's going in to a shop later today, depending on how busy they are it could be fixed by tomorrow. Can't wait to have power below 2000rpm again :D

9. Sweet mother mary! The jeep thread is alive!

10. Well it probably won't be taken care of as quickly as I had hoped. Oh well...

11. Last Time out 2007 Jk Rubicon Jeep hi steering flip, Track bars front & back ,513, 37 km2, warn front bumper, warn winch w air compressor, Rockhard rear bumper with gas cans storage rack and tire holder 37 spare, skid plates, magnaflow, rough stuff dif covers, muffler skid row plates, reinforced weld joints shock mounts, edlebrock extreme travel shocks, rear shock skids, rock crawler fenders, welded side rails, aux lighting, jack and mount, russell ss brake lines, moto metal 17, front driveshaft, front arm skids, rear light covers, gas cover, cb, ready to rock,

[​IMG]

12. Awesome Rubicon. I miss wheeling like that. Gotta get back in a wrangler soon.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

13. That's one heck of a JK Silly!

14. Thank you used to ride Moto X Was in the Riverside Oldtimers club lol. Fell off my bike too many times and not healing like I used to. Now I only break Jeep parts not bones and I still get out and enjoy nature. Best of both worlds.

You got a rig?

15. #835 futuremod, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
    Jeepin' is the way to go, sure it can be dangerous without the proper knowledge but offroading at low speeds in an armored vehicle is overall a pretty safe hobby. Modifying your 4x4 to see what it is capable of while enjoying nature at the same time is about as good as it gets. 

XJ on 33s, locked f/r. Gets around quite well.
    [​IMG]

16. Just joined the family. Got rid of the pick up truck and got myself a 2003 Wrangler Sport. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can get her into some mud.

17. It's alive again!!! The jeep threads alive!

18. Whats good Mo!

19. Same old shit. Work work work... getting ready to pull the small block outta the willys and do some major overhauling before spring. Here comes high compression pistons and a new rotating assembly. Also a rather healthy roller cam and a big ol tunnel ram with 2 500 cfm edelbrocks. Plan on being able to twist this motor past 7k. Still looking for heads. Maybe some darts or brodix heads. Going with steel vs aluminum. I think the only way I'm gonna break my 1000hp goal is gonna be via forced induction.

20. Where do you find the time......