Any jeepers out there?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by .carbon, May 10, 2011.

1. I don't know much about the ZJ's electrical, luckily I haven't had to go chasing after the gremlins (yet). Your best bet would be to get your hands on a voltmeter and check all the wiring (starting at the battery) until you find the problem. Not sure what else to suggest :(

2. I'm buying a multimeter tomorrow morning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Good call, such a useful tool to have. I might buy one too tomorrow, i want to test my TPS.

4. Well... My battery is done. I got a multimeter and it doesn't give a reading above 2.3v. I took the battery out of our boat and started the truck with it first turn over.

5. Gotta love the easy fixes :)

6. Yeah I just wish I had the money to buy a new battery. I can't use the boat battery forever lol.

7. #767 Area 11, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
    I'm guessing that this thread died, lol.

But on a serious note, my jeep still runs fine after sitting for another 2 Months without starting it. I still don't have a job though so I can't register it since I don't have $450. I hate not starting it for more than a few weeks so I always get this itch to start it. Me being the lazy dog that I am, I killed my 3 month old battery by letting it sit in the jeep for so long. I'm going Thursday to get a new one with the warranty.

8. Just picked up an ls1 to deal into a 1999 TJ :) still need more parts but the hunt has began

9. Good to see you on Jeepforum ;)

Nice! Are you gonna lift the TJ or turn it in to something quick? My guess is lift since you've got the Audi to go fast.

10. It'll be lifted

11. Yeah, I've been browsing it for a while and finally made an account. Is your user the same as on here?

12. Well I'm going job hunting tomorrow! My dad said he will put my jeep on the road(register, tag, insurance) as soon as I am hired somewhere. After that I will be doing all sorts of things to the jeep, mostly because they need to be done. I need breaks, alignment, weather strip all around, rear end bushings(if you have seen me post here before you may know that I already have done the front end), steering pump, lights all around (headlights already replaced), and I want to get wind guards all around on the windows to match the front passenger. I also need to do something about the headliner. I tore the fabric off cause it was all sagging. I'm thinking of getting it done in vinyl. I'm also going to get two bazookatube 10s,waterproof of course.

13. Nothing beats getting lifted  B)

14. I cannot believe i have not seen this thread before!
    I have a impact orange 2006 rubicon lj

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

15. #775 Area 11, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    Got new battery, it was free. Also got a few applications and I know that 3 of the places are going to be hiring in a week. Time to fill Em out and fill the online ones out and print some. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Well i have learned a lot about my jeep in the last 5 hours. I have aftermarket shocks that give me a 1" lift and that is why i didnt need to cut anything and the 31s dont rub even at full flex. My jeep does not have the upcountry package. My front springs are FM meaning they are normal and not up country. I have an AFTERmarket hitch. I like slinging dirt in the side lot,lol.

17. Guys,I`ve done a bad thing....

18. #778 TCUB, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    I've had a new found love with turbo-diesels,and was given an offer I couldn't refuse.I traded the xj for a yota with an sd22 diesel that's been turbo`d .It gets about 40 MPG and its a 5 speed.I have good intentions,so don't flame me haha .I will always have a place for Jeeps in my heart and will definitely own another (it will be a 5.9 zj ) but for now I can't justify the fuel costs .

The xj did go to a good home,as you can see the guy already has a mint `74 j10 jeep pickup

Farewell Jeep thread,for now

Attached Files:

19. Sad to see the XJ go, but very glad to hear you'll eventually pick up a 5.9 ZJ :D I'm looking forward to see what you'll do with that. And it's definitely good that the XJ went to someone who'll use it properly and maintain it.

20. i seee a bov in there. i was under the impresssion that you couldnt havea  bov on a diesel because the way they throttle is diferent so you dont get the residual air in the line.