Any jeepers out there?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by .carbon, May 10, 2011.

1. #742 TCUB, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
    Got a extra compacity oil filter with the rotella,It only fits renix 4.0's

[​IMG]

And chopped my fenders (even more) in anticipation of the interco super swampers I just got

34/10.50-15 coming soon

2. Mounted the interco's today,local cops seem interested haha

[​IMG]

3. Hey TCUB. Could I ask you a huge favor? Is it possible that you could take a tape measure to those new meats and measure the diameter with the weight of the vehicle on them? I would greatly appreciate it!

4. No problem,I'll do that tommorow

34/10.50 says the sidewall but they're as wide as my old 32/11.50's

They're also pretty massive,I wouldnt doubt that they measure 35"

5. Those are some mean-looking tires, nice.

6. Got some Napier Precision V2 flares on the other day. Local cops busted me for having no flares. I wanted to weld up some tube benders but I couldn't get the bends I wanted without a tube bender. Being on a 10 day time restriction I bought some.

image-2019884468.jpg

image-200018306.jpg

7. looks pretty good. i didnt realize flares were mandatory

8. Varies state to state.

9. Thanks. They are in Pennsylvania the entire tread must be covered and you cannot have more than 3 in flares.

10. Well the Xj is having an attitude this week.

I give her a gallon of fresh atf and now theres no spark,this time Im buying an oem cps.

Its like playing whack a mole with replacing parts,but Its mostly my fault for springing for ebay electronics

I wouldn't be as patient If i didn't have as much good herbs on hand :smoke:

Best measurement I could get was 33.5"

11. #752 Area 11, May 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
    Does anyone here have any clue on how much my 98 ZJ could sell for? It is a 5.2L with 196k miles, is going to need new mounts(tranny/motor) but is fine for a few months without replacement. It is also missing the front driver side fender because It was rusting and i didnt want to look at it anymore.. It has a New battery, New water pump, new starter, new tension pully, new Camber bolts for front lower control arms, new front end bushings for control arms and steering.

12. Depends what you want to do with it. Those both look like good xj's, the first one may be a bit steep unless thats what they go for in that area. These engines do last forever however that one has quite a few miles on it. If your willing to tinker and plan on wheelin Id take a look at the second jeep. 

13. Wow... this place kinda died...

14. It really did. We're all out driving our Jeeps :p

15. Hummer H2 here. You mad?

16. I have always wanted a cj-7 to take up into the mountains around here (I live in the Blue Ridge mountains in the Appalachains) but the problem with jeeps here is keeping them on all 4 wheels lol. Mountains have a way of throwing tricky little surprises at you and sometimes that can result in flipping your jeep off a damn 1000 ft drop :l

That being said there are some places that a small jeep is the only possible vehicle (apart from an atv) that you can fit on some trails.

17. Managed to hit the rev limiter a few minutes ago on my way home... Almost 340,000 kms on the engine :laughing:

18. #760 Area 11, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    So my ZJ doesn't do a thing with a new battery. No lights, no clicks, no dings, just pure nothingness. I've read that this could be a couple of things, one of them is a bad battery cable, another is a bad fuse block, and I have not a clue on how to tell which it may be. Any help please?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app