any investment ideas for me ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Booboo1eye, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Hey chiefs,
    I'm saving up for a house either next year or the year after. I'm not very disciplined so if I try to put it in a savings account I'll end up pissing it away. So I opened an etrade account so its a little less accessible . Now I don't really know what I'm doing ....i mean I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to doing the research. Is there any advice out there ? What's a few good companies that to well in a down-market ?

2. Invest in Peachwave or Orangeleaf.

I see a new one pop up every time I turn around.

3. Can't just jump into it like that.

You gotta download an app or something so you can check stocks for free. Then add any stocks you think might be good and watch them for a while. Once you've observed the market, you can start playing with real money.

Here's a head star, I've been watching (SNP) China Oil & Petroleum..been doing pretty good. Fell today, but it's been increasing steadily since April

4. Don't know how to invest?

Ask stoners for help.

:rolleyes:

5. [quote name='"blazethatgreen"']Don't know how to invest?

Ask stoners for help.

:rolleyes:[/quote]

Not everyone on this site is a broke stoner moron just because its a marijuana based forum, believe it or not

6. I never said they were, believe it or not.

7. Just find out what politicians are investing in and you should do well.

I hate politicians. :mad:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt6gPZO8XRw"]Privatized Prisons and Prison Labor IS Slavery - YouTube[/ame]

8. hmmm...I'll check them out thanks

9. I gotta jump in (beginners luck I hope) thanks for the tip.when I get home I'll rep u guys when I get home my phone sucks lol

10. invest in me. i'll promise to never return your money. ever.

11. LOL at least you're honest

12. Lot's of great posts here haha

but anyone who likes stocks or would like to play around with them with no penality should google "cnbc million dollar portfolio contest"

Anyway, cnbc is giving away $1,000,000 + weekly prizes... this is the game
    You're given $900,000 (fake money ofc) to trade (in REAL TIME stocks, so everything is realistic except the money is fake) in equities and such, some you can't like the DOW, and $100,000 to trade in currency. All of this is real time, it's great fun, I haven't done it for a couple of weeks because of lack of time. It started in sep. and ends in feb. I think. It's a great thing to practice with if you want to learn about stocks :p you can also make up to 5 portfolios, all are separate

have fun :p