Any independent film makers or screen writers out there?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Lucifer Christ, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Hey GC.

I am currently working on a script for this awful horror movie I want to produce/direct.

Are any of you guys into making movies? I have a few shitty student films under my belt, but this time I wanna do some quality work, and hopefully put it in some festivals.

Any other micro budget film makers here? It'd be interesting to hear your advice on creating a masterpiece. I already plan on upgrading to one of the prosumer type cameras, probably the Sony HDR-AX2000.

With peace,
    Christ.

2. I've got the script for a horror film in the works, but I have no money, alas. I don't have much experience with film, either, just a couple high school courses.

3. I started making a comedic psychological thriller first semester of college but the project was scrapped.

4. Just starting out making shorts and stuff.

5. I studied filmmaking my first year of college, but I changed majors because I didn't think a filmmaking degree would be very useful.

It's still my foremost passion though. I haven't shot anything substantial yet but I've been writing a lot. I usually do drafting/treatments in Word and use Final Draft for the actual script.

6. #6 YungSteezy215, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011
    I've always been interested in it, but here is a great film by independent writer Jake Jarvi. It's called Platoon of Power Squadron, and it is about 4 roomates that come together to discover why they each have unique super powers. Final episode to come soon.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epM4ly9qWsk]YouTube - PoPS--Ep1/pt1[/ame] :wave:

edit: it starts out cheesy for comic effect I suppose, but it is legit