Any ideas why my 4 plants are growing at such different rates (pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weshawk5, Feb 27, 2010.

1. 4x ppp Fems from nirvina
    under a 400watt MH light 18" away
    they are 11 days old since they came above the soil

I'm just curious why 2 of my plants seem to be growing so much faster//stronger then the other 2. I do everything the the same with all 4 of them...and rotate them under the light every other day or so. The only difference is that the 2x smaller ones are in slightly wider, slightly shorter pots. But all 4 pots are 1 gal pots and the difference between the pots is very small. I could replant the 2 smaller plants in pots like the larger plants but it seems that I would be taking a risk of killing them by doing this. Im afraid when im ready to flower them only 2 will be ready.

Pics include the 2 largest plants, the smallest plant, and a pic of all 4 of them to compare.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. There still small other one may just setting root i wait a bit longer before casting judgement. Just keep eye on it make sure no sign of yellowing or Nute lock out, Keep Nute's Low until the get Set good in the Pot's. ( if u are adding nutes to watering).
    Also maybe check the pH of soil make sure there all around 6.0-6.5 neutral.

3. Taller plants are usually male. I think they might grow a tad faster too. Or it could just be that some of the seeds were luckier than others in the genetic lottery. I'd probably mark the taller ones and keep a closer eye on em especially as I induce flowers later on.

At this stage though, they look like they should be growing about equally. From what I've seen they don't really start growing until right after where the picture is.

4. I hope there not male they were fem seeds...but yea I know it can happen. I will just keep an eye on them I guess and stick with what i am doing. My water ph has been around 6.5 and my run off about 6.8.

5. #5 SauchBoss, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2010

You wanna lift your light another foot. In the second and third pics i see light burn, and in the last photo i see cupping which means your light is too close and your little delicate sprouts are being stressed. They should be fine if you do this.

p.s. Its impossible to tell if they are male or female at this point, but there are some factors to consider. First, its good you are running a halide because a blue-dominant spectrum of light influences the sprout to be female. Also, cooler temps in the upper 60s will help make sure your sprouts turn out female.

6. #6 OneBadMan, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2010
    Seed are a set sex from the day of Pollination, that how they can make Fem Seed is by only inducting one set of chromosomes. So light spectrum & Temp has nothing to do with it. But u do want to watch out for Fem strain they are know for going Hermie because they make there plant go Hermie in order to Feminize a Seed Stock! I would still stay at 18in my 400s are usually almost right on top of the plants, they don't get that hot especially if u got good Air movement in Ur room or closet.

7. So should I leave my light alone (leave it at 18"). My temps are running at a constant 75 F light on and about 68-68 F light off. The burn spots are from when I was misting my plants I stopped doing that after advised not to and the spots got much better after like 3 days and the new growth has no spots. the curling of the leaves I have no idea.:confused: I would say that my air movement is very good.