Any ideas how to power this shed?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by aBats, Jun 28, 2011.

1. I plan on building a decent size brick shed deep in the woods behind my house to grow my plants, how could i get power to it to power my lights and everything? running wires from my house is out of the question.

thanks

2. Your best and really only viable choice is to run wires from your house. If you can't do that then you should wait to grow until you are in a situation that can support it.

All of your other options are impractical. Get the power company to meter the shed -- not gonna happen unless you get a building permit and inspection, electrically wired to code, etc. Solar and wind turbines are super-expensive, and there still isn't a good way to store power generated during the day to use at night. Gas generator also is very expensive, very loud, and needs to be refilled constantly.

3. 'silent' diesel genorator with a huge fuel tank ? one that will run for weeks without a fill up ?

4. Well, depending on how much money you can expend on gasoline (im not sure if it will even be worth it after a certain point), you could store the generator underground for sound protection. idk, thats all i got lol