any help would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XxTECH N9NE84xX, Apr 6, 2011.

1. I have been looking around for a explanation, but have not found one, so I decided to just post.

1. The leaves are curling down just a bit. Over watering maybe?

2. In the top center of the plant, there is a grayish looking color tint on the top part of the leaves folowed by what looks like a black dot on the tips of the small middle leaves

Any suggestions please?

Attached Files:

2. ...1st guess is overwatered...do you have drainage holes in your pots?...let your soil dry out in between waterings.

...what kind of soil are you using?...do you pH adjust your water?

3. Yeah there is a good size hole in he bottom that drains off into a saucer type thing. Its a pot I got from wallmart

Im using fox farm ocean forrest soil. I just gave it its first nutes yesterday...fox farm grow big. Used a fourth of what it recomended.

I let the water sit out overnight before watering it.

As for the grey.... its in the middle might be hard to see with those pics.

As for the small dark spots...there are int the tips of the edges on the new smaller leafs

4. Its like a light silverish grey

5. Another view

Attached Files:

6. ...FFOF has enough fertz in it to last about a month...if you did fertilize earlier, stop....until the time come. Sounds like your using tap water...by letting your tap water sit out overnight, you take the chlorine out....you still need to lower your pH (odds are)...tap water is adjusted to be alkline to stop pipe corrision. Cannabis likes slightly acidic water....just as natural rain would be. So you'll need to adjust your pH. You can get a cheap liquid pH test kit from any hydro store, pH up, and pH down. I keep my pH at 6.3-6.5 in soil.

...my guess is that your overwatering, and your pH is out of wack.
    ...let your soil DRY OUT! You should only be watering those young ones once, maybe twice a week at the most (depending on air flow in your grow area)... the young ones do not have much of a root system and donot drink much at all.

7. Thanks for the help. Haven't got a ph tester yet...thought they might be expensive. Will deff get one tomorrow.
    It seems like my soil dries up too quick so I transpanted it to a bigger pot. I think that helped bc It hasn't dried up as quick

Soooooo.... ph tester tomorrow and I will make sure not to nute it for awhile.

Now if the ph is off....how do u adjust it then?

8. ...as long as you start your watering with the correct pH, things should start to clear up (hopefully).

...to properly water my ladies in soil, I like to practice the "lift method"....If you were to fill a similar sized pot with fresh soil that isn't watered and lift it, this would be your dry weight...try not to water your ladies until you've reached your dry weight....they need oxygen/co2 just as much as they need H2o.