any guys that are really self concious?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by folied, May 31, 2009.

1. I'm a guy, and I really have trouble hooking up/taking off my shirt or being naked in generally. I treally kills me and its my greatest insecurity.. i feel like I'm a 13 year old girl with mishapen boobs or something. I was really fat when I was 13 or 14 and put on alot of pounds really fast. So I got stretch marks all over my belly, well I lost most of the weight (still have a gut).. but the stretch makrs are still faded out pale lines that are still visible. there are sooooo many it covers my stomach pretty muchand because of them thats why I am so insecure, I purposely avoid pools and beaches during the summer, and I am so scared of what chicks will think of it that I have only hooked up iwth a girl twice in my life, and both times I was high and the girls were pretty drunk. The only way I can get over it is through weed, but I'm just so self concious in general...

2. Yeah bro I am...

You just have to remember that girls aren't into us for the same reasons we're into girls.

We look at an oddly shaped girl and we're like woah bitch go to the gym, lol. They look at an oddly shaped guy and if he's confident and makes the girl laugh it's all gravy. Women care mostly about how we make them feel. Which has to do mostly with our personality. I know, it's a mind blowing concept, I'm still getting used to it myself.

On a high note, I have a theory that weeds makes men more feminine. I believe it has something to do with estrogen but I dunno. Not that there's anything wrong with that. The more estrogen going around most likely the less violence there will be.

3. Start working out a bit? Couldn't be that hard to tighten your stomach up a little and lose a bit more fat?

Or just don't get anxiety about it cause girls shouldn't care that much, anxiety is just negative thinking it doesn't really exist.

4. I've been thinking the same. Wouldn't doubt it.

5. I'm fairly certain that the weed+estrogen thing is pretty much false, sure enough not to google it anyway, dont think any studies showed its true in anyway. You won't have a worse or more feminine body from weed if your healthy and active, thats a fact.

6. Um..I was referring to his feminine personality. Most men don't cry about stretch marks on their stomache. That's something a girl would do...or a man loaded on estrogen. There really aren't going to be studies on it because it's illegal, why would they spend money researching something they're just going to lock people up for?

All I know from personal experience is that weed makes me more self aware(for lack of a better word?). And if you're more aware and think your ugly and shit you're going to be self-concious.

7. ummm i dont really have a feminine personality.. but there are a shit load of stretch marks. it is very ugly.. i dont care if your feminine or not that shit is going to bother you

8. #8 InnerPeace, May 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
    you're absolutely right, it would bother anyone. So excercise. A 6-pack with stretchmarks looks better than flab and stretch marks. but don't go to the gym and exercise just force yourself to do situps at home or something. Because there tends to be really hot girls at the gym(and sweaty..:drools: ), won't work for you probably.

Like atmosphere put it...

"I wear my scars like the rings on a pimp"
    :cool:

9. Coco butter.