Any Greeks? (Sorority/Frat)

Discussion in 'General' started by DevouringLady, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Now don't post your organization's name.....you are representing a (hopefully) great...international (in my case and I'm sure others) organization.

Did you pledge or are you paper?

I crossed the burning sands November 19th, 2008 @ 3:54:36AM

Any other greeks?

2. Guess there are none

3. I'm a member of lambda lambda lambda.

4. thats nice...when did you cross?

5. hahaha, guess he's never seen the movie...

6. Wow, a tri - lamb.......lol:D

7. yeah.........no

no offense to you, but at michigan state, 75% of frat boys are textbook d-baggers

and although a high percentage of the sorority girls are totally bangin, and i love the whole "yoga pants every day of the week with an annoyingly bright purse" routine, it's just annoying hearing them in my classes.

But, when I was auditioning for a drum corps this past winter, a guy from Marshall was "totally reppin' the letters, bro" and he was pretty cool. So at least everyone in a frat isn't a toolbox

8. #9 thabosshogg, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010

thats exactly how it is at my school

i got offered spots in a few, as i went to their parties for the free alcohol during rush week, and declined all of them. the people in those frats were douches, however im sure there are cool ones and different scenes at other colleges. my university is 75% bros and sorority girls anyways, and not the good kind either so...

9. lol...you have those people who completely miss the point of an organization....but those people are looked down on...not only by onlookers but by their organization. I dont get praised for making my organization look like shit...those people...I hope..are usuallly neos...after your first year in you should really start to care more about your community service and building your chapter...
    but its always gonna be fun to rep and party hop at parties...drink/smoke and have a good time

10. Speaking of frats, when I was a freshman this kid on my floor was rushing to join my universities Jewish fraternity even though he was Christian Irish. He was a funny guy and wanted to see how far it could go. He made it to the end and just never showed at the ceremony that makes you an official member. Never answered the numerous (100s) calls, txt, facebook messages. lol.. A couple of us just smoked and laughed for days.

11. Yeah...shit like that dosen't go down on my yard. We take our organizations very seriously...and you pay a good amount of money before your 1st ceremony. And people don't do it to laugh...they do it to indulge in their culture and continue the legacy

12. Yea, the kid payed a few hundred over the course of the semester. Mostly on beer and parties. I personally find parties to be the only redeeming quality of being in a frat, but that could just be me.

13. I guess a couple grand is a "good bit of money" to most college students.

14. GO fees don't go to beer and parties....if they spend their chapter money on beer and parties they are idiots. Our money goes into community service events and hospitality...step show material and maybe a few cookouts on the plot...

My sorority has got me a job so far lol...you get what you put in...pledging has been one of the best experiences of my life and being a member is honestly something I'm proud of...not because of parties...I'm a member of the NPHC...black sororities and frat...our view of our organizations (based on these responses) is completely different

15. Is it just me or is that racist

16. Its just you ^^

17. I'm a member of Delta Tau Delta and i love it. we don't do any of that gay ass shit that you hear about fraternities...we just drink a fucking ton.

18. Lol no its a fact...Martin Luther King JR was a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated. APA is one among the other 8 organizations under the NPHC. This is black culture for us...my grandmother pledged when blacks were still being mistreated. We're about the growth of our community....I have white, asian,and hispanic sorors...but they are forced to understand our mission, and our history.

I'm sure every greek organization has their history and struggles...but we represent the growth of black people. How hard do you think it was for blacks in the early 1900s. APA was founded in 1906...and the other 8 soon after. We represent those blacks who have decided to step up...and make a difference. I'm in awe at how much my organization has done historically...and I love being part of making a difference