Any good short Stavia strains?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cold Play, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Around where I live only indica goes around, can anyone reccomend some preferably easy (my first grow), short stavia strains that are available from reputable seed banks that ship to Canada?

2. Well, you can just take any sativa and keep her trained to stay shorter.

I haven't had enough personal experience growing em, so I can't personally recommend any specific strain. But just saying you can find one you want specifically and then just keep her tied down.

3. Oh, I didn't know that :)
    Thanks!
    +rep

4. maybe a sativa hybrid....but an 80/20 sat will flower 10-12 wks or longer and will be a bitch to keep short....maybe with a scrog....a sats normal tendency is to grow tall......

5. No problem

I recommend reading through this forum especially (as well as all the stickies in the other grower's forums since this is your first grow)

Plant Training - Grasscity.com Forums

Sativas can do really well in scrog, but since they can stretch quite a bit it can be difficult to time down when to switch to 12/12 when you don't know just how much the plant grows at certain times.

topping/fimming with LST is good for keeping plants low and it's easy even for a first timer if you make sure you read into it and not just half-ass it.

Good luck on your grow, man. I know I like sativas during the day. Gets me going, keeps me motivated and focused.